is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world's largest publicly traded copper producers, the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
A Line Electrician safely performs duties relating to the construction and maintenance of high and low voltage power transmission lines and related structures and system components.
- Perform duties associated with the extension and cutback of power lines and various distribution service lines for the site, mine, mobile equipment and substations
- Tasks may include but are not limited to test, frame, and set poles; string electric power lines, install cross arms and anchors, replaces switches, and circuit protection equipment, etc.
- Perform power line and system preventative maintenance
- Troubleshoot system faults on power distribution lines
- Perform construction and maintenance of high or low voltage electric power lines and structures
- May install and maintain:
- Distribution transmissions systems including substations, substation equipment, single and banked transformers and services
- General area lighting and perform maintenance of single and banked transformers and services
- Secondary and primary customer metering
- Mentor or train other electrical workers and perform as a Fill-In Supervisor as needed
- May perform groundman duties such as gathering materials, running equipment, etc.
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- Completion of an approved Lineman Apprentice program, OR
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience as a Lineman, OR
- Associate's degree or Trade School Certification in a related field and two (2) years of experience in overhead and underground power distribution, construction, maintenance and repair
- Valid State Driver's License with the ability to obtain a CDL certification within 90 days of hire date
- Knowledge of rubber gloving, sticking, and livewire maintenance
- Must be proficient in lock out, tag out, try out (LOTOTO)
- Ability to work out of a bucket for long periods of time
- Adequate score on Companywide assessment test to demonstrate knowledge
- Proficiency in troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of overhead power distribution of electrical circuits and connected equipment, focusing on low and medium voltage; this includes the ability to read, understand and apply information from technical manuals, prints, and schematics for trouble shooting and repair
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of NFPA-70E arc flash electrical safety standards
- Must have completed academic and practical competencies required (this includes Line of Progression requirements for internal employees where LOP Exists) and have experience demonstrating the required aptitude. The selected candidate shall demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge and skills while also passing a written assessment where required. This exam is based on skills/abilities and/or academic knowledge; as well as safety.
- High School diploma or GED
- Be able to provide validation that you are experienced in performing energized line work by rubber glove technique or hot stick
- Must reside within 10 miles from Ajo with a response time no longer than 30 minutes.
- Must be able to work on call 24/7 every other week.
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- This is a Safety sensitive role
- Work is performed in a mine or manufacturing plant which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electric shock, toxic chemicals, fumes or airborne particles
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear, see and work in confined spaces
- Occasionally may be asked required to life moderately heavy to heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the course of the workday
- Will be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable State laws
At Freeport, we are committed to providing an employment package that recognizes excellence, rewards value and impact, and encourages safe production. Benefits and compensation are foundational elements of this package, along with career development opportunities, job progression and a culture supported by our core values, among others. Learn more at: FCX Jobs - Working Here Benefits:
We provide an industry-leading benefits package with some of the lowest cost to employees - offering health, wellness, life insurance, paid time off, retirement savings and more. These benefits are available to you and your dependents starting day one. Our comprehensive benefits program is important to how we support the health and wellness of employees and their families. For further benefits information please click here: Benefits Details Compensation:
The estimated pay range for this role is currently $30.00 - $41.00/hour
. This range reflects base salary only and does not include bonus payments, benefits or retirement contributions. Actual base pay is determined by experience, qualifications, skills and other job-related factors. This role is eligible for additional discretionary and incentive payment considerations based on company and individual performance. More details will be shared during the hiring process. To view an example of a Total Rewards Estimate for this role click here: Total Rewards Estimate Safety / Work Conditions:
Candidates will be required to participate in a post-offer, pre-employment medical examination for the following positions which may have essential job duties that can impact both their own safety and the safety of others:
Equal Opportunity Employer Nearest Major Market:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel).
Tucson Job Segment:
Overheard Electrician, Electrician, Electrical, Engineering