May 2024 Contract
4 months Hybrid Work Environment
(3 days in office, 2 days remote with flexible hours) Dress Code
Business Casual Location
Downtown Toronto, Outside of Union Station (TTC & GO accessible) A Great Place to Work
Who We Are
Kinross is a Canadian-based global senior gold mining company with operations and projects in the United States, Brazil, Mauritania, Chile and Canada. Our focus on delivering value is based on our four core values of Putting People First, Outstanding Corporate Citizenship, High Performance Culture, and Rigorous Financial Discipline. Kinross maintains listings on the Toronto Stock Exchange (symbol:K) and the New York Stock Exchange (symbol:KGC).
Mining responsibly is a priority for Kinross, and we foster a culture that makes responsible mining and operational success inseparable. In 2021 , Kinross committed to a greenhouse gas reduction action plan as part of its Climate Change strategy, reached approximately 1 million beneficiaries through its community programs, and recycled 80% of the water used at our sites. We also achieved record high levels of local employment, with 99% of total workforce from within host countries, and advanced inclusion and diversity targets, including instituting a Global Inclusion and Diversity Leadership Council.
Eager to know more about us? Visit Home - Kinross Gold Corporation
Purpose of Role
The Corporate Mine Planning team is seeking an ambitious student to join our team for the summer of 2024 as part of our Gold Rush Summer Internship Program. Our Mine Planning intern will assist with a variety of tasks. Job Responsibilities
Minimum Requirements Education and Experience
- Pit optimization, pit design, life of mine scheduling, equipment selection, and mine OPEX models.
- Fleet cycle time studies and haulage network development.
- Block model manipulation for mine planning purposes.
- Support ongoing scoping, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies.
- Assist in economic studies of mine plan alternatives.
- Support the development of technical reports or narratives.
- Some travel may be required depending on needs at site.
- Ideally completed 2nd or 3rd year of a Mining Engineering program.
Our Approach to COVID-19
- Familiarity with mine planning software is a great asset (MineSight, Gemcom, Vulcan, Datamine, Surpac, MineMax)
- Strong analytical skills using Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Self-motivated and a strong desire to learn new skills.
- Previous site experience is considered an asset.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in alignment with our health and safety standards, all Kinross Gold Corporation employees working from the Toronto office must be fully vaccinated with at least two doses of an approved vaccine. If offered this position, you must show proof of vaccination prior to being hired. Masks are not currently mandated in the office, however, employees are encouraged to wear a mask if they are more comfortable doing so. Kinross reserves the right to update its vaccination policy/requirements at any time at its sole discretion.