is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world's largest publicly traded copper producers, the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Perform accounting and reporting duties primarily focused on the accounting close process. Responsibilities include recording journal entries, performing financial analysis and account reconciliations among other duties.
- Complete assigned duties as part of the accounting close process. Apply knowledge of accounting policies and procedures to tasks which include recording journal entries, and research and analysis among other duties.
- Analyze financial and operational data and communicate results timely and effectively to management.
- Perform analysis and reconciliation through system queries, research, investigation of reconciling items and resolution.
- Review processes for improvements as changes occur or new requirements are added to the month-end close process. Use knowledge gained in making recommendations that are practical and which gain efficiencies.
- Perform other accounting and special projects as assigned.
- May work on tasks that are routine or vary in nature depending on the assignment; usually implements solution through individual effort.
- Collaborates within the department or work group and has interaction with external colleagues.
- Works under moderate supervision and has some latitude to set objectives, priorities and timelines that may impact department or individual work group
- Has no direct budget oversight; may be responsible for tracking performance to predetermined budget.
- Does not directly manage people, functions, projects or programs; may be asked to lead certain functions/projects as appropriate.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED and six (6) years professional experience in accounting, including two (2) years in prolong intellectual instruction (certifications, instructed training, OR on the job training, etc..) in Accounting or Finance; OR
- Associate's degree in Accounting, Finance, or closely related area and four (4) years professional experience in accounting; OR
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related area and two (2) years of accounting experience; OR
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related area;
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or closely related area.
- Intermediate competency in Excel
- Experience with project and fixed asset accounting.
- Experience with business writing.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Work is mostly performed in an office setting
- Occasionally work will be performed in a mine, outdoor or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear and see
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects up to twenty-five (25) pounds during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
At Freeport, we are committed to providing an employment package that recognizes excellence, rewards value and impact, and encourages safe production. Benefits and compensation are foundational elements of this package, along with career development opportunities, job progression and a culture supported by our core values, among others. Learn more at: FCX Jobs - Working Here Benefits:
We provide an industry-leading benefits package with some of the lowest cost to employees - offering health, wellness, life insurance, paid time off, retirement savings and more. These benefits are available to you and your dependents starting day one. Our comprehensive benefits program is important to how we support the health and wellness of employees and their families. For further benefits information please click here: Benefits Details Compensation:
The estimated annual pay range for this role is currently $60,000-$82,000.
This range reflects base salary only and does not include bonus payments, benefits or retirement contributions. Actual base pay is determined by experience, qualifications, skills and other job-related factors. This role is eligible for additional discretionary and incentive payment considerations based on company and individual performance. More details will be shared during the hiring process. Safety / Work Conditions:
Candidates will be required to participate in a post-offer, pre-employment medical examination for the following positions which may have essential job duties that can impact both their own safety and the safety of others:
Equal Opportunity Employer Nearest Major Market:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel).
Safford Job Segment:
Electrical, Accounting, Engineering, Finance