SECURITY OFFICER - BRISBANE BASED
Downer Group employs approximately 50,000 people across more than 300 sites, primarily in Australia and New Zealand. Downer designs, builds and sustains assets, infrastructure and facilities and we are the leading provider of integrated services.
As part of the Downer Group, Spotless have an opportunity for a self-motivated, reliable Security Officer
to join our highly successful and collaborative team based in South Brisbane. The Social Infrastructure & Citizen Services Business provides integrated solutions across service and facilities maintenance and projects and has built a reputation on excellence. We're passionate about finding better ways of doing things for our customers, and for you. Find out more at www.downergroup.com The Role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an energetic, and enthusiastic customer and safety-focused Security Officer.
Reporting to the Security Manager, the purpose of the Security Officer position is to provide for the safety and security of persons, premises, and assets of the site, whilst providing exceptional customer service to all our customers and stakeholders.The Security Officer responsibilities include (but not limited to):
Skills and Experience
- Provide exceptional customer service to all stakeholders
- Conduct regular foot patrols of the site and its assets
- Perform unlock and lock up of access points within the site
- Monitor, control and maintain CCTV, access control and BMS systems
- Operation of fire systems
- Incident response, resolution, and reporting
- Management of contractors and visitors onsite
- Working within a team on a 12hr rotating roster
Benefits and Culture
- Minimum 5 years security experience
- Qld Security Licence (Unarmed, Crowd Control & Monitoring)
- Current First Aid & CPR
- Current knowledge of work health and safety and risk management practices
- Knowledge of current industry standards and requirements
- Proven experience in emergency response procedures
- Highly developed customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience in operation of systems within a Control Room environment (including but not limited to) CCTV, Access Control and BMS
- Proven ability to understand, interpret and follow policies, procedures, and instructions
- High level of computer skills (including all Microsoft products)
- Supportive and inclusive culture focused on innovative service delivery
- A professional and safe working environment
- Access to employee benefits and entitlements
- An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that is available to employees and their families
- Emphasis on learning and development
- Above award remuneration
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable company, and work with a professional team where you will be given the opportunity to develop your career.To apply online please click the 'apply' button below.
Please note: As a pre-requisite for this role all candidates need to be able to prove they are an Australian Citizen and hold a current security licence. Candidates will also be required to undertake a pre-employment medical, an alcohol and drug screen, a criminal history check and a CCYP (Blue Card) check.
Downer undertake random site drug and alcohol screening on a regular basis. Downer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and/or Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander peoples who are interested.