Newmont is the world's leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company's world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925. Location
Eleonore site About this role This program is for the CREE COMMUNITY ONLY (You must be a Cree as defined in the James Bay Agreement to apply for this position).
The Apprentice Miner is part of the Mine Operations team. The Apprentice Miner is in an apprenticeship phase for the purpose of acquiring the knowledge and competencies required to hold a job as an underground miner. The Apprentice Miner will work on rotation among the various Mine Operations positions. Key Responsabilities include:
Your Training Skills & Experience check list: Training & Experience
- Assist the mine production teams to perform various tasks
- Support maintenance of the shelters, material bay and fuel bay
- Support Ore Transportation Operations as needed
- Assist in maintenance of mining material
- Support transportation of equipment and materials in the various underground stopes
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- Perform all other tasks related to the performance of their duties
Skills & Competencies
- Have zero (0) to one (1) year of experience.
- DEP (Diploma of Vocational Studies) in ore extraction (an advantage)
- Mining modules 1 to 5 and 7 (an advantage)
- Hold a general explosives permit and a driver's licence (an advantage)
- Bilingual in French and English (an advantage)
- Be a Cree within the meaning of the James Bay Agreement (required)
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multicultural environment
Interested persons must send us their resumes via the corporate website at www.newmont.com
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest
- Eleonore mine site (Fly-in, Fly-out)
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont's values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination, as well as other vaccinations that are required or recommended for entry into certain Newmont operating countries, protect the health and safety of Newmont's workforce and the communities in which we work and live. As a result, please note that Newmont requires up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination for any international travel by the workforce undertaken on behalf of the company. In addition, other vaccinations (e.g., yellow fever vaccine) may be required or recommended for international travel to certain Newmont operating countries. If you are offered this position and the position entails international travel, you will need to comply with these requirements. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law. Newmont may update its vaccination requirements, at any time, in its sole discretion.