Wood Mackenzie are the global research, analytics, and consultancy business powering the natural resources industry. For 50 years, we have been providing the quality data, analytics, and insights our customers rely on to inspire their decision making.
Our dedicated oil, gas & LNG, power & renewables, chemicals, metals & mining sector teams are located around the world and deliver a variety of projects based on our assessment and valuation of thousands of individual assets, companies, and economic indicators such as market supply, demand, and price trends.
We have over 1,900 employees in 30 locations, serving customers in nearly 80 countries. Together, we inspire and innovate the markets we serve - providing invaluable intelligence to help our customers overcome the toughest challenges, and make strategic decisions that will, ultimately, accelerate the world's transition to a more sustainable future.WoodMac.comWood Mackenzie brand videoJob Description
Wood Mackenzie is looking for an enthusiastic, talented, and ambitious aspiring sales professional to join our growing Metals and Mining Inside Sales team. The role is to retain and grow a large portfolio of Metal & Mining accounts through delivering price uplifts on renewals (upsell) and winning new business deals with existing clients in the portfolio (cross-sell).
The Metals & Mining Inside Sales - Account Management Specialist will report into the Metals and Mining Inside Sales Manager. You will be instrumental in assisting the sales team to achieve its sales targets.
This role represents a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring Sales professionals. It will work in partnership with a dedicated team who are ready and willing to impart their knowledge and support the Account Management Specialist in their development. Main Responsibilities
- Retention and proactive new business development:
- Follow renewals processes and proactively manage your renewal pipeline to reduce retention risk and ensure all renewals are closed on time.
- Pursue ambitious renewal price uplifts to secure upsell growth.
- Proactively explore and identify opportunities to sell additional solutions to existing clients to secure cross-sell growth.
- Collaborate with other internal stakeholders such as research and customer support to support your accounts.
- Hit quarterly sales targets.
- Own the sales process:
- Take responsibility for all aspects of the sales process which include prospecting, qualification, selling the value proposition at all levels, final negotiations, and closing. All aspects of the sales process must be handled efficiently and fully documented.
- Accurate sales forecasting:
- Effectively manage the business pipeline to ensure accurate forecasting in Salesforce.
- Product knowledge:
- Develop a basic level of understanding of the value of our metals and mining solutions to our customers and the metals and mining industry to support new business identification and customer retention.
- Portfolio planning:
- Build a portfolio plan to identify key retention risks and growth opportunities and develop a sales plan to tackle them, refreshed at least every half-year.
- Have experience in a client facing role
- Be passionate about growing the business and a career in sales.
- Have a genuine interest in developing and growing yourself.
- Have an intellectual curiosity about how data and analysis solve critical business issues.
- Be a good relationship builder and highly collaborative.
- Show effective time management, organisational, and planning skills with the ability to manage own workload effectively.
- Be a self-motivated and energetic individual, a developing negotiator and results oriented.
- Demonstrate good judgment in resource utilisation and optimisation.
- Previous experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce would be an advantage.
WoodMackenzie is an equal opportunities employer.
We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to WoodMackenzie, including unsolicited resumes sent to a WoodMackenzie business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to WoodMackenzie employees, will be considered WoodMackenzie property. WoodMackenzie will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of unsolicited resume.
WoodMackenzie takes your data privacy seriously, please click here to view our privacy notices: Candidate Privacy Notice / Wood Mackenzie / Wood Mackenzie / Candidate Notice - CaliforniaVideos To Watch