Requisition ID: 90376 Job Category:
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining , energy , and infrastructure , our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
We're at the forefront of our clients' digital transformation journey , successfully implementing emerging digital services into our clients' projects and operations that unlock a step change in their performance. Join the team to improve project outcomes, leverage the digital twin , deliver systems integration and interoperability, and support decision-making, autonomous execution , and integrated operations and performance centers.About the Company
Hatch's ability to bridge the gaps between research and innovative technologies and between engineering and reliable operations is widely renowned. Hatch is particularly known for working with clients to develop business strategies and technologies; managing and optimizing production; executing projects that involve the scale-up of process technologies; and managing start-ups, commissioning, and ramp-ups.
Hatch delivers unprecedented business results for our clients through a commitment to quality, lower operating costs, more efficient utilization of capital assets, higher standards for safety and risk management, faster start-ups and continuous performance improvements in all projects and programs.Scope of Position
Hatch develops Digital Products and Solutions for the Metals, Energy, and Infrastructure Sectors in Integrated and Remote Operations, Advanced Decision Automation and Autonomous Execution. Our clients are increasingly investing in digital technologies to remove people from high-risk environments, achieve real time understanding and optimisation of complex value chains, and to maximise productivity. Hatch combines its deep industry expertise and engineering capabilities with world class knowledge of industrial AI, IT/OT convergence and integrated operations to deliver a holistic, transformative outcome for our clients.
Hatch is seeking a highly motivated and accomplished Analytics and Decision Solutions (ADS), Regional Lead to join our Digital team in North America. The ADS Regional Lead will report to the Regional Director, North Amercia of the digital business and will be responsible for: The development of Hatch's Analytics and Decision Solutions capability in the region, focusing on decision optimization, digital twins, industrial and generative AI, etc. Conveying Hatch's eminence relating to ADS to drive business development activities, Applying their deep subject matter expertise to lead the successful delivery of ADS related projects, Collaborating closely with the Global ADS solution area to set the overall strategy and direction for the development of Hatch's ADS offerings. Functional Tasks
This role will form part of the Regional Digital leadership team and will work to support the overall North American and global digital strategy. The specific functional tasks will include the following three areas:Business Development
- Champion the ADS offerings in the region to ensure that they are leveraged for client engagements, providing feedback and continuous improvement inputs.
- Collaborate with the regional go-to-market team to refine, communicate, and execute the practice market strategy, value proposition, positioning, and messaging.
- Work closely with other Hatch business units' identify and support the development of opportunities.
- Support business development activities through engagement with potential clients during the sales cycle, illustration of business value of the ADS offerings, and preparation of technical and commercial proposals.
- Monitor the ADS offerings' pipeline and oversee proposal submissions.
- Establish Hatch's eminence in the market through delivery of conference presentations, participation in industry forums, publication of white papers and other thought leadership articles.
- Be responsible for the high-quality delivery of ADS projects by providing strong domain expertise in data science and decision optimization domain, managing client's expectation during project execution, and guiding project teams with the best practices.
- Coach and develop people in the region, imparting your ADS domain expertise to build regional capabilities to execute ADS projects in the context of the Metals, Energy, and Infrastructure Sectors
- Pursue, nurture and leverage key internal relationships critical for the practice's success. Evangelize relentlessly.
- Collaborate with technical and delivery teams to ensure consistency of approach.
Experience and skills important for the role:
- Collaborate with the global ADS solution team to shape the development of repeatable offerings that are relevant to the region.
- Create formal feedback loops between your observations of the regional market and client needs, to the global ADS team and help identify new technology development opportunities.
- Remain abreast of the industry, competitors and technology trends and align our services to market needs. Consider alliances, investment opportunities and acquisitions to improve market position and grow revenue.
- 10+ years of operational experience and/or management consulting experience in a relevant domain, including 5+ years of experience of leading and delivering data science and decision optimization related projects. Direct operational experience within the mining and metals industries will be looked on favourably.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, with additional certifications or tertiary qualifications in Data Science and/or Operations Research. A postgraduate qualification or MBA will be advantageous.
- Have had a leading roles in development and deployment of end-to-end ML/AI and/or decision optimization solutions within the metals, energy, or infrastructure industries
- Deep knowledge of how the combination of domain knowledge with industrial AI and optimisation technologies can drive client value through increased productivity, operational stability and decision automation.
- Be able to articulate a vision for the Indutry 4.0 technologies, including but not limited to cloud and edge computing, IoT, decision automation and optimization, digital twins and AI, and the associated value proposition for our clients.
- Strong initiative, eagerness to break new ground and create opportunities for others.
- Be able to positively influence by possessing the skills and abilities necessary to facilitate team building, client relations, negotiation, decision making and creative problem solving.
- Be known in the market as a thought leader who is driving industry trends related to advanced decision technologies.
- Be innovative and results oriented, with the ability to thrive in a complex and fast-paced work environment.
- A strong communicator with the ability to interact professionally and considerately with client(s), gaining co-operation and respect.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to present concepts, ideas, and insights to the project team and clients.
- Embrace an entrepreneurial spirit and comfort working within a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to solve complex functional/process issues which cross organizational boundaries; ability to liaise and negotiate.
- Undertake travel to client/project sites and/or attending industrial conferences as required.
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.Job Segment:
Cloud, Sustainability, Management Consulting, MBA, Consulting, Technology, Energy, Management
Apply now "