Discover what's possible with us
It's an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest's growth journey as we expand our operations both locally and abroad. At Cadia you will play a part in the expansion of our Tier 1 operation, developing Cadia into one of the largest, safest, most cost effective and technologically advanced block caving mines in the world. Operations near and far
Cadia Operations is located in Central Western New South Wales, approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional township of Orange and a convenient three hours from the capital city of Sydney. Employees reside in varied accommodation options in and around the district of Orange with the surrounding area's occupied by winery's, stone fruit orchards, farming and national parks.
Employees have access to the area's wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector with a modern well-equipped regional hospital, excellent educational facilities, shopping, large selection of sport and recreation options, transport and other services such as childcare. Who we're looking for
We are currently seeking a Senior Plant Metallurgist to join our Ore Processing department on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Specialist Plant Metallurgist, you will join an energetic team of Plant Metallurgists where you will focus on improving the metallurgical and operational performance of the Cadia flotation circuits. As the Senior Plant Metallurgist you will provide technical support and coaching to the Plant Metallurgists in addition to direct supervision of the Metallurgy gradates. Key to success will be your ability to maintain a safety behaviour and cost commitment consistent with the Newcrest values.
This permanent, site-based position may be offered for either a Monday- Friday 5 day roster, or 9 day fortnightly roster
Key responsibilities include:
- Develops a detailed understanding of the process flow sheet and operation of the Cadia concentrators.
- Sound knowledge of minerals processing and gold extraction processing to enable the provision of metallurgical technical support to the Plant Metallurgy team members.
- Run daily and weekly Metallurgy production meetings, in rotation with the Specialist Plant Metallurgist
- Supervision of Plant Metallurgy graduates and accountability for graduate and vacation student onboarding processes and performance
- Identification, initiation and rapid implementation of improvement opportunities, actively seeking opportunities for increased free cash flow and reduced costs.
- An active involvement in processing plant commissioning tasks, providing robust product for the operating team and delivering on expected performance gains.
- Assist with planning & delivery of budget revenue by meeting or exceeding gold and copper production targets.
- Assist with minimising CVO Ore Treatment cost base by strategically minimising media and reagent consumption.
Our ideal candidate will have-
Our commitment to you
- A strong commitment to safety
- Degree in Metallurgy, Mineral Processing or Chemical Engineering
- Proven experience in mineral processing operations
- Ability to engage. mentor and motivate colleagues and teams
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail, problem solving and trouble shooting ability
- A commitment and passion for continuous improvement
Look around and you'll discover opportunities to explore different pathways. Supported by development programs and guided by our leaders, you'll learn and grow in your time with us.
Keeping our people safe and healthy is our most important asset. Our commitment to safety, health and wellbeing is supported by systems and standards that embed our safety culture.At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity #LI-AK