Operations near and far
Cadia Valley Operations is located in Central Western New South Wales, approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional township of Orange and a convenient three hours from the capital city of Sydney. Employees reside in varied accommodation options in and around the district of Orange with the surrounding area's occupied by wineries, stone fruit orchards, farming and national parks.
Employees have access to the area's wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector with a modern well-equipped regional hospital, excellent educational facilities, shopping, large selection of sport and recreation options, transport and other services such as childcare.Who we're looking for
Reporting to the Superintendent - Mining Automation, the Senior Project Engineer will coordinate and execute technology projects to add value through safety and process improvement.
You will identify opportunities that innovative technology that can potentially assist with current applications within mining. Networking with different industries and clients to innovate new projects/trials to put Cadia Valley Operations at the forefront of mining technology.
The Senior Project Engineer is responsible for the project management delivery of technology capital projects until completion via the following sequence:
Other key responsibilities include:
- Initiation - feasibility study, scoping, business justification, capital request.
- Planning - project charter/execution plan.
- Execution - monitoring progress, deliverables, and expenditure against the plan.
- Monitoring - tracking KPIs, and continuous improvements after rollout.
- Closeout - change management, operations handover, closeout findings report.
- Provide assistance to operations over technology improvements with equipment or processes. Subject matter expert for previous projects assisting after handover with new applications and continuous improvements.
- Identify and develop long-term, high-level team aspirational goals. Breaking these down into individual project roadmaps as to identify critical path items and plan priority resources to achieve our vision of a fully autonomous level with the production throughput capacity seen with manual operations.
- Capture and track project data and perform performance analysis for verification and validation to make data-based, business decisions.
Our ideal candidate will have mining experience and a safety focus with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be able to consult with a variety of key stakeholders to design and develop safe technology solutions.You will also possess the following:
Our commitment to you
- Mining Experience - Highly regarded
- Project Management Experience - Essential
- Project Management Qualification - Highly regarded
- Mechatronics / Computer Science and/or Mining Engineering Degree - Essential
Our people bring our organisation to life. With us, you'll find experience all around you. Our leaders are visible and approachable, leading and supporting the organisation through transformation. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance, and a belief in making an impact.
Look around and you'll discover opportunities to explore different pathways. Supported by development programs and guided by our leaders, you'll learn and grow in your time with us. At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity. #LI-AK1