Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont ( www.newmont.com ) is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 24,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont's core operations in the United States, Australia, Ghana, Peru and Suriname. Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont's industry leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders.
About this role
What will you be responsible for?
It's an information technology (IT) role, a full-time employee assignment, and an excellent opportunity to be part of a well-experienced SAP support team. You will be exposed to technology, project management, requirement gathering, design, solutions, and interaction with different teams within the IT and business areas.
The main objective of the role is to support the SAP payroll solution, participate implementation of SAP Employee Central Payroll, and then lead the ongoing maintenance of the system and the integration with other systems and vendors.
You will be assigned to work as part of a global support team for SAP Employee Central Payroll, SAP S/4 HANA Payroll, and CATS Time Management Enterprise Business Solutions, under the direction of a Director-level IT staff.
Your role will consist of
Here is a snapshot of what your day-to-day will look like:
• We provide hands-on maintenance for the SAP Payroll system (Employee Central Payroll and SAP S/4 Hana): including HRSPs, upgrades, maintenance plans, brake-fix ticket resolution, and improvements requests.
• We analyze, advise, and support global payroll solutions.
• We configure SAP Payroll module as part of break-fix and improvements.
• We provide IT Project and Production support activities for the Americas (including North America and South American countries).
• We provide solution Design and Delivery for the SAP Employee Central Payroll solution.
• We test the SAP EC-Payroll solution whenever is required for IT or Business initiatives.
• We detail documentation of business requirements and solutions for payroll.
• We assist in the development of documentation of the Payroll Solution.
• We partner with Business and IT to follow Newmont and Country Standards, Policies, and Legislation.
• We partner with other Business and IT areas to satisfy integration requirements for the payroll domain.
• We plan and coordinate the implementation process for SAP payroll solutions.
• We implement initiatives following project methodology (agile or hybrid) using Newmont's project management tools.
• We follow Newmont's IT operating model and best practices to deliver SAP payroll solutions.
• We work on ticket resolution, investigation, research, and solution using available internal and external resources (online, vendor support, Newmont Support Team).
• As part of the assignments in our Payroll Support Team you will closely work with other domains like Finance, HR, and Time and Attendance.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Your training, skills, and experience checklist
Here is what we would need to see from you!
Completion of a bachelor's degree program at an accredited college or university with major coursework in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Information Systems Management.
• 10+ years of experience as SAP Payroll Consultant with 5+ full Payroll Implementations in the SAP Payroll solution. 1+ year of Time Management in SAP.
• Mining, construction, utilities, or other heavy industry experience is preferred.
• SAP Payroll implementation of Countries in America region is preferred.
• 3+ years of Global SAP Payroll Support experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
• SAP Success Factors Employee Central Payroll (Certification is strongly recommended).
• Point to Point replication with SAP SF Employee Central.
• Payroll Control Center.
• SAP ECC 6.0.
• Wagetype, Schemas, PCRs, Factoring, Retroactivity, Terminations, Forms, Gross to Net, Infotypes, Payroll Reports, Bank Transfer, Payroll Posting, Posting of Payments, 3rd Party Remittance, Advance Payments, Gross Up, Remuneration Statement, Payroll Accruals, Earnings, Deductions, Garnishments.
• SAP Time Management configuration skills are desired.
• Benefits, Income Tax Calculation, and Social Security.
• Annual Statutory Bonus (SAC).
• Shadow Payroll.
• Advance Vacation Payment, Absences for industrial accidents and illnesses.
• Deep understanding of HCM ABAP, Payroll Interfacing (Vendors and Finance, HR, Time systems).
• Integration with UKG Dimensions is desirable.
• Implementation of HRSPs, and execution of the year-end process.
• Query Manager or similar SAP Reporting Tools is desirable.
• DSM or Clone and Test or similar cloning tools are desirable.
• HPALM, Service Now, Excel, and PowerPoint are desirable.
• Motivated toward career growth and learning.
• Establish effective working relationships with colleagues, team members, supervisors, vendors, and other Newmont personnel.
• Strong problem-solving capabilities: Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Express ideas efficiently, both orally and in writing, efficiently present information, and respond to questions from managers, co-workers, and partners.
• Spanish and English are required.
Working conditions and location
Where you will be located!
• The position can be remote or in one of the Newmont offices.
• Willingness to put in extra hours as projects and priorities apply.
• Flexible hours to accommodate global support times.
• Travel may be required but is projected to be minimal to none.
• Work from home according Newmont policies, and business requirements.
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!
The salary range offered for this role is $93,585 - 115,605. The salary range is tied to the Colorado market for jobs performed in Colorado. The salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, training, and/or experience. The salary offer will not be based on a candidate's salary history at other jobs, and by law, Newmont will not seek information about salary history, and candidates should not share such information with Newmont.
This role will be eligible for participation in a discretionary annual bonus program, pursuant to which an employee may be awarded a percentage of their salary based on the company's performance and their own individual performance.
Newmont offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package to support physical, mental, financial and emotional wellbeing. This role will be eligible for the following benefits: Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; health savings accounts; life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance; short and long-term disability; defined benefit pension; 401(k) program with company match; financial planning; employee assistance program (EAP); wellbeing reimbursement program; adoption assistance; tuition reimbursement; paid holidays and paid time off; paid family leave; matching gifts; and discounts on home, auto and pet insurance. All bonuses and benefits are subject to the applicable eligibility and program/plan terms and may be modified or terminated at Newmont's sole discretion.
Consistent with Newmont's values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination, as well as other vaccinations that are required or recommended for entry into certain Newmont operating countries, protect the health and safety of Newmont's workforce and the communities in which we work and live. As a result, please note that Newmont requires up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination for any international travel by the workforce undertaken on behalf of the company. In addition, other vaccinations (e.g., yellow fever vaccine) may be required for international travel to certain Newmont operating countries. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.
Nearest Major Market: Denver