A new name, a bright pathway ahead
Part of Downer Group, our newly formed Social Infrastructure and Citizen Services business unit brings amazing capability to the people of Australia and what matters most to them. We run hospitals, manage client data centres, we take asset management risk, and we are a trusted advisor and partner to our New Zealand and Australian Defence Forces. Arguably no other business within Downer better embodies our purpose; to enable our communities to thrive. Join us on the journey
We currently have an opportunity for a Finance Manager to join our team based in Sydney and work closely with New Energy business, to deliver partnered financial management support.
The Finance Manager will provide effective management of the finance and accounting function including internal controls and accounting processes. Whilst also managing the day-to-day preparation and delivery of monthly results, budgets, forecasts, performance analysis, working capital and achievement of cash flow targets for the relevant New Energy contracts. What you'll do
The role has a broad remit, with key responsibilities outlined below:
What you'll bring
- Complete end of month reporting within predefined deadlines, presenting results and feedback on the contract's performance against budgets/forecasts.
- Financial reporting and accountability for all revenue and cost lines.
- Prepare Monthly/Quarterly Service Payment and Life Cycle Invoicing.
- Managing AP/AR administrative processes.
- Actively undertake and manage the annual budgeting process, including coordination with various project and contract stakeholders to produce and present budgets.
- Maintain and review the "whole of life" (Forecast Cost to Complete) modelling for the contract, reporting on variance from the Forecast Margin and maintaining associated registers.
- Provide business performance reporting and analysis utilising financial and non-financial systems to drive operational excellence and improve overall performance at contract level.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance and/or Business Finance/ Management with CA or CPA is required.
- Experience working as a Financial or Management Accountant in a business partnering or support function.
- Strong customer service skills and the proven ability to develop, maintain and influence business relationships at all levels with internal and external stakeholders, partners and suppliers.
- Experience working with budgets, profit and loss, working capital and variances analysis.
- Proficiency in the use of accounting software systems - JDE is preferred.
More than anything, you'll have a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and a drive to provide high quality outcomes for the Social Infrastructure and Citizen Services business unit and our clients.Why work for us?
Working for the Social Infrastructure and Citizen Services business unit, means being part of something new and exciting. With a bright future ahead of us, you find purpose here and have the opportunity to directly impact and contribute positively to our future. You'll also find a range of benefits available such as:
- Training and development to support your career.
- Internal career opportunities across the Downer Group business
- Affordable healthcare covers, discounted car purchase and rental (with selected brands), and other retail discounts.
- An Employee Assistance Program providing access to professionals to support you (and your family) to achieve your personal or professional goals through wellbeing coaching, counselling, financial advice, legal advice and more.
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment with a highly successful organisation. If you are passionate about what you do and motivated to succeed, then apply now.
Downer Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Accordingly, we encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds, including First Nations People and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.