Description Job Summary:
We are seeking Project Coordinator students to join our Ledcor team in various mining site locations across Nevada and California. The Project Coordinator, under the direction and guidance of the team, provides technical and/or management support and assists operations staff to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. We are recruiting across the following teams.Essential Responsibilities
- Promote the overall Ledcor site safety program
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly project control and reporting requirements
- Support and maintain systems and procedures at project start-up
- Support the sub contract management process throughout the duration of the project
- Coordinate, distribute and maintain request for information (RFI) processes, logs and binders
- Work with Project Manager/Superintendent to facilitate tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines
- Follow up with trades/consultants to facilitate the review and distribution of drawings, logs and sample transmittals
- Prepare purchase requisitions for approval and assist with procurement of materials and equipment
- Organize project close-out including creating turnover documents and assisting in demobilizing the site and archiving documentation
- May perform other related duties as assigned
Additional Information:Company Description
- Working towards completion of a degree in mining, civil engineering or a related discipline
- Open to travel and relocation for project work on sites across North America including shift, camp and outdoor work
- Can build relationships, team orientated, personable, confident, able to influence key stakeholders and proactively participate in discussions
- Up to 2 years related work experience is an asset (co-op/internships will be considered)
- Knowledge of office processes: project set up; subcontract management; change orders; RFIs (request for information); lien holdbacks; closeout
- Strong written and communication skills
- Able to read and understand construction documents
- Strong technical skills including experience with MS Word, Excel, and scheduling software. Previous exposure working in JVs or with Government Clients (BCMOT, A.T., etc.) would be an asset.
- Ability to solve problems based on clearly defined procedures
- Familiar with commercial/mining/heavy civil/infrastructure construction methodology and practices
Ledcor Mining services reach across the lifespan of a mine, from facility construction, to full-scale contract mining of coal, minerals, or metals, all the way to mine reclamation. Our service offerings are vast-as are the projects we work on.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!Employment Equity
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor's Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Link to: https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify