South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people's lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realize the potential of their resources. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminum, metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa. With a focus on growing our base metals exposure, we also have two development options in North America and several partnerships with junior explorers around the world.
Following the acquisition of Arizona Mining. South32 is the new owner of the Hermosa Project, a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in Arizona.
South32's purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people's lives now and for generations to come. We work closely with their host communities to create enduring social and economic value through local employment infrastructure and facilities development and community investment programs.
The location of this role is the Hermosa Project site near Patagonia, Arizona.The Role
Leads the contracts and procurement project team and ensures adherence to standards and best practices. Lead the implementation of contractor management system of work and continuous improvement efforts. Lead procurement and contract management activities relevant to company projects, maintaining cost control, schedule adherence, supply chain processes, contract negotiations, and vendor performanceAccountabilities (Include but are not limited to): Individual Accountabilities:
Qualifications, Skills, and Expertise:
- Ensures company's code of business conduct, health, safety and sustainability values are communicated to our vendors and service providers.
- Develop tracking controls systems to ensure efficient execution of projects scopes of work
- Develop contracting and procurement strategies aligned to project scopes and schedule.
- Lead the team to execute pre/post-award activities including RFP preparation, evaluation, contract development, negotiation, award, onboarding and mobilization activities.
- Support implementation of contractor management system of work and continuous improvement activities.
- Participate in risk reviews including analysis and communication of potential risks that contract changes may pose to the project.
- Manage vendor/contractor and performance reporting (KPI reporting, contract changes, claims management, etc.).
- Responsible for developing, enforcing, and improving contracts and procurement processes.
- Develop Supplier Management Plans for large construction projects.
- Manage the schedules for procurement of materials and contracting of services
- Apply change management procedures and recommend improvements
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Accounting, Engineering, Construction Management or related field.
- Certifications such as Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified in Supply Management (CSM), or other recognized supply chain certifications considered an asset
- Minimum of five (5) years leading team in construction or mining industry contracts & procurement
- Capital project experience/EPCM experience preferable
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining a safe work culture
- Ability to work under pressure, maintain composure, set priorities, and work with a project team
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint, Aconex, Contract Management/ERP systems, SAP & Ariba considered an asset
- Maintain high standards of professional and ethical conduct
- Strong English language written and oral communication skills
- Effective communication with other departments and leadership
- Extensive experience within major projects contract law, or contract management
- Strong negotiation skills
At South32, our people are fundamentals to our success. We're focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organization, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.Nearest Major Market: