Would you like to have a career with a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic mining company? We have an entry-level opportunity for you!
Our people division is growing, and we are looking for a Warehouse Technician at our Turquoise Ridge Warehouse. The successful candidate will work directly with the Warehouse team in daily practices such as counting, verifying, and inspecting freight against documentation and loading freight by forklift and other machinery; paying attention to detail and the ability to be precise and accurate are essential!
At Nevada Gold Mines, our vision is to be the world's most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and operating the best assets with the best people. We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. Responsibilities:
- Complete discrepancy reports and perform computer system data entry from receiving documentation in accordance with established policy and procedure.
- Operate forklifts with 4,000 to 55,000 lb. capacity.
- Count, weigh, measure and inspect materials and supplies received in accordance with established policy and procedures.
- Respond immediately to 'emergency' requirements and equipment breakdowns to support operational requirements.
- Receive materials and supplies by common carrier, express delivery service, United Parcel Service (UPS) and company trucks including filling out appropriate paperwork and inspecting materials.
- Record and compare quantity of material received with vendor documentation indicating discrepancies such as overages, shortages, and damages in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Assist requesting personnel in identifying required material using the computer system.
- Perform daily cycle counts, identifying required corrections to inventories and bin locations, coordinating corrections with designated Materials Control personnel.
- Handle materials and supplies in a safe and efficient manner including the use of appropriate safety gear and the use of equipment for lifting heavy items.
- Order proper material and supplies using the appropriate computer system.
- Stage remote issue requests for dispersal to operational users.
- Demonstrate effective housekeeping skills in the work area.
- Issue materials to operating groups as requested.
- Operate a computer and other office equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
#LI-AS1 Job Identification
- Warehousing or materials background in the mining industry preferred
- Minimum one (1) year of warehousing experience preferred
- Valid Driver's License required
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts required
- Ability to work underground may be required
- Receiving and/or Accounts Payable invoice reconciliation experience preferred
- Demonstrated computer experience required
- Experience using SAP computer program and bar coding preferred
- Computer knowledge in Microsoft Office required
- Certificate in forklift operation preferred
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations required
- Proven safe work record required
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision required
- Ability to follow both verbal and written instructions required
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people required
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job required
226682 Posting Date
2023-11-30 Apply Before
2023-12-14 Job Schedule
Full time Job Category
Supply Chain Locations
Winnemucca, NV, United States