Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki konei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- All the tools of trade you need to do your job
- Discounts for Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym memberships and more!
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
- Progression and development programs on offer including our inspiring leader's programme for top performers
Have a look at our other great benefits here! Te kowhiringa | The Opportunity
At Downer we believe relationships build success. As a leading provider of integrated services, we're committed to supporting our customers with high-calibre services and solutions. Our Palmerston North team is no exception. We proudly support our customers by delivering high standards of work all whilst offering our people opportunities for growth.
We expect continuous growth across the region and are seeking a Civil Drainlayer / Leading Hand to join our work whanau, deliver to project plans, and get home safely at the end of each day.
You will be a hands-on expert with regards to drain laying (civil and roading operations). Your day-to-day will involve conducting and leading activities including drain laying, benching and haunching, water, waste-water and storm water projects, completing reporting, plant maintenance and emergency repairs. Nga pukenga matua | Important Skills
To be successful in this challenging yet rewarding role, you will have extensive knowledge of quality and H&S ideologies within a civil construction/maintenance environment. Excellent attention to detail, problem-solving and communication skills will serve you well in this role.
In addition, you will also have:
Ko wai matou | Our Organisation
- A Full Class 1 drivers license
- A certified drain layer / someone working towards their qualifications
- Strong safety and quality focus to keep the public and team safe
- A focus and passion for keeping people and the environment safe
- Excellent communication skills with the confidence to speak up and direct others
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here! Me pehea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 595789.
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.
The Downer Transport & Infrastructure Recruitment office will be closed from Friday, 22 December 2023 and we will be back on Monday, 8 January 2024. If you submit an application during this window, please note that we will review your details and update you upon our return. Wishing you a safe and festive holiday season!