Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki konei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- Full-time (40 hours) guaranteed, and overtime is available during the Summer season. Get paid even if work is delayed due to the weather!
- Safety equipment and clothing provided as part of the role
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
Have a look at our other great benefits here! Te kowhiringa | The Opportunity
Our Liddell St, Invercargill based Sealing crew requires a Labourer/Traffic Management Operative
, due to our peak season fast approaching! This role works as part of our crew of sealing experts, delivering to a schedule of surface strengthening, road widening, safety improvements to full seal projects.
You will conduct site works and activities in accordance with project plans. Key responsibilities include:
- General labourer activities
- Acting as a spotter for our chip-spreading truck
- Adjusting the application and manually spreading chip seal
- Temporary Traffic Management activities
- Following health and safety standards and procedures
During our peak season (Summer months) work commences across the region, occasional overnight stays and 6 day work weeks will be required, but rewarded accordingly!Nga pukenga matua | Important Skills
You will have experience and exposure to construction with a genuine interest in the civil infrastructure industry. You will also have:
Ko wai matou | Our Organisation
- The ability to work hands-on as a team player
- Good timekeeping skills - punctuality and reliability is key!
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Confidence communicating and working around the public
- A high level of physical fitness
- A Full Class 2 Licence & WTR Endorsements
- A TTM or TMO Warrant
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here! Me pehea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 603704.
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.