is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world's largest publicly traded copper producers, the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Provide technical advice and guidance for all phases of assigned large/complex engineering projects and programs, ensuring the successful conclusion of all phases within an appropriate time and at appropriate cost.
- Review, investigate and develop appropriate recommendations regarding assigned engineering projects
- Manage projects and serve as subject matter expert (SME) on large/complex site planning/construction, expansion or modifications
- Provide guidance and counsel to the site management team on applicable processes, practices, and existing/proposed local, state and federal regulations
- Contribute to site strategic planning and budgeting efforts for designated engineering areas
- Develop and evaluate Appropriation Request (AR) for capital funding
- May evaluate and administer contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment
- May represent the site on Company sponsored steering committees, task forces, or teams
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED and nine (9) years of Engineering experience, OR
- Bachelor's degree in a Scientific discipline and five (5) years of Engineering experience
- Five years or more experience in managing tradespersons, engineers and / or contractors
- Five years or more experience in managing projects (budget greater than $1 MM)
- Five years or more experience with Smelter / Acid Plant related equipment (pressure vessels, furnaces, heat exchangers, boilers etc.)
- Experience in an industrial environment and experience with MSHA/OSHA regulations
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Work is performed in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
At Freeport, we are committed to providing an employment package that recognizes excellence, rewards value and impact, and encourages safe production. Benefits and compensation are foundational elements of this package, along with career development opportunities, job progression and a culture supported by our core values, among others. Learn more at: FCX Jobs - Working Here Benefits:
We provide an industry-leading benefits package with some of the lowest cost to employees - offering health, wellness, life insurance, paid time off, retirement savings and more. These benefits are available to you and your dependents starting day one. Our comprehensive benefits program is important to how we support the health and wellness of employees and their families. For further benefits information please click here: Benefits Details Compensation:
The estimated annual pay range for this role is currently $94,000-$132,000.
This range reflects base salary only and does not include bonus payments, benefits or retirement contributions. Actual base pay is determined by experience, qualifications, skills and other job-related factors. This role is eligible for additional discretionary and incentive payment considerations based on company and individual performance. More details will be shared during the hiring process. To view an example of a Total Rewards Estimate for this role click here: Total Rewards Estimate Safety / Work Conditions:
Candidates will be required to participate in a post-offer, pre-employment medical examination for the following positions which may have essential job duties that can impact both their own safety and the safety of others:
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel).
Please be advised that Freeport-McMoRan w ill never request payment for job-related expenses from applicants. If you receive any suspicious emails, please disregard them, and report the incident to HRSC@fmi.com . Nearest Major Market:
Payson Job Segment:
Construction, Engineer, Electrical, Engineering