Papua New Guinea
New Porgera Limited (NPL) is a company incorporated in Papua New Guinea, and operates the Porgera Gold Mine in Enga Province on behalf of the Porgera Joint Venture partners. The Porgera Gold Mine employs over 2,500 Papua New Guineans, and over the life of the mine, it has contributed approximately 10% of Papua New Guinea's total annual exports. NPL offers experienced mining professionals the opportunity to play an important role in the training and development of our national workforce. The role will not only challenge your skills but also be extremely rewarding. Senior Geologist Open Pit & Senior Geologist Underground Overview
The primary purpose of the Senior Geologist positions is to drive and manage production geology, grade control activities, conversion of Resources and define extensions to the life of mine in a safe, integrated and team orientated approach. These positions focus on quality mine based geology, managing a team of up to 15 direct reports including geologists and support personnel. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Porgera restart, to help build and develop a high-performing geology team within a world-class orebody that continues to grow its mine life, in partnership with Barrick, a global employer of choice, the local community and the PNG government. These positions are offered on a full-time staff basis reporting directly to the Geology Superintendent. Roles Key Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Supervision, development, and training of the geological team
- Coordinate geological grade control and production activities relating to Open Pit and Underground operations.
- Responsible for mine-to-mill and Resource reconciliations and reporting
- Timely management of drilling programs including target generation, drill program design, implementation, and data management
- Development of 3D geological models and resource estimations to improve the geological understanding of the Porgera deposit and for accurate grade control definition pre-mining.
- Drive and maintain high-quality standards, systems, and procedures in all geological functions
- Maintain a high level of health, safety, and environmental awareness and comply with the PJV Health, Safety & Environment Policy and all health, safety rules and procedures
Why Barrick Gold:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Geology
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Production geology or mine exploration roles at a supervisory level. Additional experience will be highly regarded
- Proven experience managing direct reports in a high-performing production environment
- Strong knowledge of geological inputs to OP and UG mining cycles
- High level of experience using geological and database software, including geological modeling and grade control resource estimation experience
- Experience and proficiency with Datamine, AcQuire, LeapFrog, and MapInfo will be highly regarded
- Demonstrable safety and environmental track record and commitment
- Experience in budgeting and cost management
- Current Drivers Licence
Join us in building a sustainable future for mining communities. Your expertise can make a meaningful impact Job Identification
- Pioneering Opportunity: You will be based at the Porgera site. Be at the forefront of a start-up mine site. This offers a unique opportunity for complete autonomy and the ability to shape the department as you see fit.
- Remuneration & Benefits: A very good remuneration structure accompanies this position within the 3:2 family-friendly roster.
- Safety Culture: Join a company that prioritizes safety, and lead a team towards best-in-class safety practices.
- Upskilling Impact: Contribute to the development of a highly capable national workforce, making a lasting impact on the industry.
228451 Posting Date
2024-02-12 Apply Before
2024-03-30 Job Category
Porgera, Enga, Papua New Guinea