Are you a safety professional looking to have a career with a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic mining company? We have an opportunity for you!
Our people division is growing, and we are looking for a Safety and Health (S&H) Supervisor at our Cortez location. The successful candidate will acclimate themselves to the work environment and perform duties related to the Occupational Health and Safety Profession.
At Nevada Gold Mines, our vision is to be the world's most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and operating the best assets with the best people. We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. Responsibilities:
- Act as a technical advisor and mentor to the site management team while working with S&H professionals to develop and implement strategies to control immediate risks in the workplace and solve complex problems.
- Participate in internal inspections and audits to identify conditions, behaviors, corrective action implementation/compliance, and/or training related corrective actions and needs.
- Maintain a weekly/monthly overview plan for Industrial Hygiene and/or S&H functions related to their assigned area or division.
- Work with all employees and staff to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and company standards and systems. Accompany division management along with MSHA and State inspectors during inspections.
- Assist with health testing or IH activities as needed.
- Serve as a resource for investigations to ensure that all incidents are accurately investigated to determine root cause.
- Actively participate in the development of effective correction actions to prevent recurrence of safety incidents or industrial hygiene exposures.
- Maintain accurate documentation and data entry in databases.
- Assist in Team Based and Formal Risk Assessments by facilitating, developing, and tracking action plans.
- Maintain and sustain active involvement with division safety team, committees.
- Provide mentoring to all employees.
- Participate in toolbox meetings, safety meetings, and other training sessions.
- Develop and instruct MSHA topics during New Hire Orientation, Annual Refresher Training, and Contractor Hazard Training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What We Can Offer You
- Bachelor's degree in related field + 6 years of experience preferred or
- Associate degree in related field + 9 years of experience in industry preferred or
- 8-12 years of experience in industry with proven/demonstrated Leadership in Safety preferred
- MSHA Blue Card Instructor preferred
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Federal Mine Safety & Health Act of 1977 required
- Prior knowledge/experience in industrial hygiene and OHH principles required
- Prior experience in incident case management and workers compensation preferred
- Ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems and situations required
- Prior experience with incident investigations and root cause analysis preferred
- Ability to manage people and multiple tasks while being both organized and effective required
- Professional S&H certifications (CMSP, CSP, etc.) preferred
- A comprehensive compensation package including a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more!
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
#LI-RM1 Job Identification
228478 Posting Date
2024-02-12 Job Schedule
Full time Job Category
Safety & Health Locations
Elko, NV, United States