Are you a Safety professional looking to grow your career with a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic mining company? We have an exciting opportunity for you! Our people division is growing, and we are looking for a Process Operations Training Supervisor Turquoise Ridge operation. The successful candidate will work under the guidance and direction of the Safety & Health Superintendent to develop and implement strategies to control immediate risks in the workplace and solve S&H problems or issues. Coach, teach, mentor, and support personnel holding subordinates accountable for all expectations and responsibilities. At Nevada Gold Mines, our vision is to be the world's most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and operating the best assets with the best people. We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. Responsibilities:
- Provide goals, behavioral and role expectations for trainers
- Measure, report, and review safety trainers performance against expectations and roles/ responsibilities
- Coach, teach, mentor, and support divisional safety trainers to succession in safety processes and training plans
- Hold subordinates accountable for all expectations and roles/ responsibilities
- Provide positive feedback and/or discipline when warranted
- Assist in incident investigations when applicable or requested
- Assist and be a resource with ICAM analysis when applicable or requested
- Review Flash and Investigation Summary reports • Review and assist with divisional policy/procedure/JHA development
- Assist in identifying divisional training needs when applicable and/or requested
- Actively participate with internal safety inspections/audits
- Participate with divisional management/supervision during MSHA/State inspections
- Provide technical support and direction to divisional management
- Assist in Formal and High Level Risk Assessments • Actively participate in divisional toolbox training sessions/safety meetings/ supervisor training
- Assist and instruct MSHA topics with new hires, ART and Contractor hazard Training as required
- Responsible for internal and external compliance, CFR (Code of Federal Regulations)
- Assist in meeting annual budget by scrutinizing expenditures
- Ensure field time is in conjunction with divisional/departmental General Supervisor contact
- Teach, coach, mentor and act as a resource for hourly safety teams
- Be on-call to respond to incidents and injuries occurring at any hour
- Provide on-call coverage as needed
- Other duties as assigned
What We Can Offer You
- 5 years of Safety Training Experience
- Extensive knowledge of 30 CFR's
- 5 years industry experience or an Associate's degree in S&H or related field
- Blue Card Certified
- A comprehensive compensation package including a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more!
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
228491 Posting Date
2024-02-12 Job Schedule
Full time Job Category
Safety & Health Locations
Winnemucca, NV, United States