Heavy Duty Fitters | Expat Positions
- Take your underground mining career to the next level
- Opportunities to gain international experience
- A permanent position with a generous salary package
Barminco is one of the world's largest, hard rock mining companies with over three decades of international experience. With new projects forecasted, this will see Barminco and AUMS grow to more than 4,500 workers in 2021.
We embed a core group of the very best mining leaders and professionals from around the world at all our projects. We then recruit and train local staff in country, who will become the operators and leaders of tomorrow. To date, we have trained over 20,000 Africans and developed over 100 African expatriates.
About the role
In line with Barminco's forecasted growth, we are seeking applications from experienced Heavy Duty Fitters to join our West African operations. These positions will work on a 10:6 FIFO roster, mobilising from any major capital city in Australia.
We are seeking safety-focused individuals who are aligned with our principles to mentor and upskill the local workforce in best-practice underground mining standards. Your passion for sharing knowledge and developing skills within the local team will be backed up by a resilient, supportive and considerate attitude.
- A minimum of five years of underground mining experience maintaining Sandvik, CAT and Atlas Copco machinery (essential)
- All relevant Heavy-Duty trade qualifications, certificates and licences
- A valid International Manual Drivers Licence (or the ability to obtain one)
- A valid National or Federal Police Clearance
What we can offer;
- A globally competitive net salary with benefits including comprehensive insurance coverage (medical, travel and income protection)
- International roles with career development opportunities
- All required work permits and visas
- Cultural awareness training
- Remuneration packages will be discussed with shortlisted candidates
At Barminco, our people are our business
It's the people we retain who define our culture, shape our company and drive the growth of our business. Working at Barminco will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career while working alongside experienced industry leaders.
The successful candidates will be required to meet our pre-employment criteria, including drug and alcohol screening before an Offer of Employment is made.
Only applications with a current resume attached and the relevant 5 years of underground experience will be considered.
Your interest and experience can be expressed by clicking the 'Apply Now' button, OR for further information email email@example.com
Want to know more about Barminco, Check out our website here https://barminco.com.au/ or follow us on LinkedIn @Barminco