Shift Supervisor - Botswana
- Join a world-leader in hard rock underground mining
- A globally competitive NETT salary
- FIFO roster from any major capital city with paid quarantine
Barminco is part of the Perenti Group, and Australia's second largest integrated mining services provider. We are a global leader in hard rock underground mining; and together with African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) we operate in Australia, India and across Africa in Egypt, Ghana, Tanzania, Botswana and Burkina Faso. With new projects Barminco and AUMS will grow to over 4,500 employees in 2021.
AUMS has been operating since 2007, and provides a full complement of underground mining services specifically to the African mining industry. Supported by a safe and performance orientated culture, AUMS believe investing in our people and backing them with state of the art equipment and world's best practice is critical to the success of our numerous operations across Africa.
If you are an experienced Underground Shift Supervisor looking for an excellent opportunity to further develop your career and work alongside experienced Underground Mining professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To oversee the day to day operation of shift workers and equipment usage at an underground mine site
- To ensure all workers on shift are trained and competent to perform their duties safely and productively at all times
- Training of National Supervisors and workforce to a high standard
- Ensure mining operations are conducted in a safe manner and any safety issues are promptly reported to the Underground Manager
- Ensure targets are met
- Perform the daily management, control and supervision of the working areas in accordance with all relevant Acts and Regulations
- Oversee the mines interest with regard to duty of care to all employees, sub-contractors and visitors
- Organise crews, rosters and day to day running of that particular site
- Conduct daily work planning meetings / toolbox meetings
- Submit incident reports in writing to the Site Manager
- Carry out crew training, practical assessments and review each employee's development, mentoring and performance
Skills, Experience & Attributes:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in an Underground Shift Supervisors role
- Have a current Underground Shift Supervisors Ticket
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience
- Current Drivers Licence, your proactive attitude to safety, focused energy and driven work ethic will see you as a much-valued employee in line with AUMS' values and 'can do' attitude.
You will be rewarded with a highly competitive remuneration package commensurate to your experience completing our vision of a work life balance in a strong team environment.
Prior to hire you will be required to sit a full pre-employment medical, including vaccinations required for the area you will be working in addition to mandatory fitness for work requirements.
Your interest and experience can be expressed by clicking the 'Apply Now' button, OR for further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more about Barminco, Check out our website here https://barminco.com.au/ or follow us on LinkedIn @Barminco