Charge Up Trainer - Botswana
- Engage, grow and train the future of our business
- Opportunities to gain international experience
- All required work permits and visas covered
Barminco is one of the world's largest, hard rock mining companies with over three decades of experience. We are currently developing over 120 kilometres per year, and mining above 10 million tonnes on our multi-million-dollar fleet of underground mining equipment. With new projects forecasted, this will see Barminco and AUMS grow to over 4,500 employees in 2021.
We embed a core group of the very best mining leaders and professionals from around the world at every project, then recruit and train local staff in every country who will become the operators and leaders of tomorrow. To date, we have trained over 20,000 Africans and developed over 100 African expatriates.
In line with Barminco's growth, we are seeking applications from experienced Charge-Up Trainers on a FIFO 8:6 rotating roster. Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, you will be a crucial part of a successful underground team with opportunities to progress and develop your underground career.
- Extensive knowledge of Underground Mining Practices, and the efficient operation of an Underground Charge-Up Machine in high-speed development mechanised mines
- Charge a minimum of 4 headings per shift or 750m of production holes per shift
- Experience with emulsion and low impact explosives
- Minimum of five years exposure to the underground mining industry
- Compliance with all HS&E policies and procedures including reporting, and best practice for the areas of drilling, charging or scraping
- Handling and transportation of explosives in accordance with all HSE policies and procedures
- Substantial experience in training a national workforce
- Liaison with shift supervisors and key stakeholders to ensure optimisation of blast designs
- All valid and relevant qualifications, certificates and licences
- Adherence to all company safety standards, policies and procedures
- A valid International Manual Drivers Licence (or the ability to obtain one)
- A valid National or Federal Police Clearance.
What we can offer;
- A globally competitive nett salary
- Employee incentives, benefits and rewards including medical coverage for international employees
- Nationally recognised training and development opportunities
- All required work permits, and visas covered
- Paid Isolation
- Remuneration packages will be communicated with shortlisted candidates
At Barminco, our people are our business
We are seeking safety-focused individuals who are aligned with Barminco principles to mentor and upskill the local workforce in best-practice underground mining standards. Your passion for sharing knowledge and developing skills within the local team will be backed up by a resilient, supportive and considerate attitude.
Please note that due to the unfolding circumstances of COVID-19 and the Government regulations in place, the roster advertised in this advert may be subject to change in the future when the Government border restrictions and controls are reassessed.
Your interest and experience can be expressed by clicking the 'Apply Now' button, OR for further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more about Barminco, Check out our website here https://barminco.com.au/ or follow us on LinkedIn @Barminco