Jumbo Operator - Botswana
- Join a world-leader in underground mining
- Permanent full-time opportunities
- Paid Isolation and competitive remuneration
Barminco is one of the world's largest hard-rock underground mining service providers with over three decades of international experience. As part of the Perenti Group, Barminco employs over 4,500 people, at 23 projects in seven countries.
What we can offer;
- Competitive nett remuneration packages
- Employee incentives, benefits and rewards, including medical coverage for international employees
- A permanent full-time role, with career progression for successful candidates
- An exciting career opportunity to join a company continuing in a phase of growth
- Paid quarantine
- Flights from nay major capital city
About the role
In line with Barminco's forecasted growth, we are seeking applications from experienced Jumbo Operators, to join our team at Botswana Zone 5 operations. This position will work a FIFO 8:6 roster mobilising from any major capital city in the world.
- Demonstrated experience in Front-line development jumbo roles (250+ metres)
- A minimum of five years' experience as a front-line operator in high-speed environment
- Demonstrated ability to consistently achieve a minimum of two 4.9m cuts per shift, bolting, meshing and boring
- Experience in all aspects of high speed, mechanised mine development in an underground contracting mining environment
- All valid and relevant qualifications, certificates and licences (RPL's)
- Valid Manual Australian Driver's Licence
- Current National Police Clearance (valid within six months)
Our ability to attract and retain the very best people in the industry stems directly from an underlying belief that our people are our business. It's the people we retain who define our culture and truly give us an experience edge. That's why we look for people with an aptitude and interest in developing others to ensure that our learning culture continues to extend right through our entire organisation. Our leadership team is highly capable and stable, with many of them long-term Barminco employees.
Please note that due to the unfolding circumstances of COVID-19 and the Government regulations in place, the roster advertised in this advert may be subject to change in the future when the Government border restrictions and controls are reassessed.
The successful candidates will be required to meet our pre-employment criteria, including drug and alcohol screening before an Offer of Employment is made.
Your interest and experience can be expressed by clicking the 'Apply Now' button, OR for further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more about Barminco, Check out our website here https://barminco.com.au/ or follow us on LinkedIn @Barminco