Senior Mining Engineer - Burkina Faso
- Join a global leader in underground mining
- A permanent position with a generous salary package
- Fly in from any capital city in the world
Barminco is one of the world's largest hard-rock underground mining service providers with over three decades of experience. As part of the Perenti Group, Barminco employs over 4,500 people, at 23 projects in seven countries.
Since 2007 African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) has provided unmatched mechanised underground mining services across numerous projects in Africa. AUMS is dedicated to achieving the highest global standards in underground mining and there is a specific focus on sharing this mining knowledge across all levels of the business.
To date, we have trained over 20,000 Africans and developed over 100 African expatriates. We have a wide range of people development programs, including an Apprenticeship Training Program, Graduate Program and Leadership Program. These programs ensure our people not only become exceptional in their field but have a career pathway so they can progress through the organisation. Our track record of contract extensions and renewals demonstrates the strength of our relationships with our clients and our ability to create enduring value for them.
About the role
We are seeking applications from experienced Senior Mining Engineers to join our West African Operations. Reporting to the Operations Manager this position will work a 8:8 roster.
*Please note that due to the unfolding circumstances of COVID-19 and the Government regulations in place, the roster advertised in this advert may be subject to change in the future when the government border restrictions and controls are reassessed.
- Ensure client requirements are met contractually and maintain a robust and favourable relationship with the client
- Provide financial analysis and implementation of cost reduction initiatives
- Production monitoring and liaise with the operations team to optimise project deliverables
- Review mining schedules, plans and designs as required and monitor progress, manning levels and productivity analysis including budget and costs
- Weekly and Monthly performance reporting
- Management of Quality Assurance and compliance
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly claims and interface with our client
- Strong background working with underground mining equipment and in a high-speed development mechanised mine
- Bachelor's Degree in Mining Engineering and WA underground supervisors certificate of competency, or equivalent
- The ability to perform and act as the relief Project Manager as required
- The ability to influence and engage with operational personnel, with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong observation and analytical skills that translate to improvements
- Highly experienced with information management system and reporting tools (e.g. Pronto) including valuing the importance of information security
What we can offer;
- A globally competitive nett salary with benefits including comprehensive insurance coverage (medical, travel, income protection)
- FIFO roster from any major capital city with paid quarantine
- The opportunity to be involved in developing and training the future national workforce
- Cultural awareness training
AUMS aims to leave a positive legacy of underground mining in all the countries in which we operate through training and up-skilling of the local workforce.
Your interest and experience can be expressed by clicking the 'Apply Now' button, OR for further information email email@example.com
Want to know more about Barminco, Check out our website here https://barminco.com.au/ or follow us on LinkedIn @Barminco