Light Vehicle Mechanic - Hemlo
- Location: Hemlo Operations in Marathon, Ontario
- Open To: Canadian Residents
- Rotation: 14 Days-On / 14 Days-Off
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. is part of the Perenti Group, Australia's second largest integrated mining services provider.
New to Canada, Barminco is already a global leader in hard rock underground mining. Together with African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) we have been operating for over 30 years in Australia and across Africa. New projects will see Barminco and AUMS grow to over 4,500 employees.
We provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects all over the world. At Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd., we are committed to fostering a culture that understands and values inclusion and diversity.
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and licensed Light Vehicle Mechanic to join our team at the Hemlo Operations near Marathon, Ontario.
Working a 14-days on / 14-days off rotation, this position is a "drive in/drive out" role if you reside outside the Marathon area.
Reporting to the Maintenance Foreperson, the successful candidate will be responsible for their safety and the safety of their co-workers while maintaining and repairing all light-vehicles and equipment underground at the Hemlo Operations.
More specifically, Light-Vehicle Mechanics will:
- Work safely, efficiently while practicing good housekeeping
- Service, perform PMs and mechanical repairs on light-vehicles and equipment
- Identify and report required parts and materials needed to complete the job
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalency
- Commitment to working safely while ensuring the safety of others
- Ontario Provincial or Inter-Provincial Automobile Service Technician certificate
- Strong computer skills
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in a fast-paced underground mine environment
- Strong communications, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Willing to share knowledge and have an open mind to learning new skills
What we offer:
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. can offer you a role where you will be challenged and valued for your skills and experience. You will also have the opportunity to develop and grow your career.
We offer a competitive salary, health and medical benefits, travel allowance, meals and camp accommodations in Marathon Ontario, which is located on the north shore of Lake Superior.
NOTE: Selected candidates will have to successfully complete a pre-employment Fit for Duty medical which including alcohol and drug screening.
How to Apply: Start your application by clicking on the 'Apply' button below.
Please include copies of your Ontario Underground Common Core Modular Training Transcript and all other certifications you may have that is relevant to the role you are applying for.
We look forward to reviewing your application, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Want to know more about Barminco, Check out our website here https://barminco.com.au/ or follow us on LinkedIn @Barminco