Jumbo Operator - Hemlo
- Location: Hemlo Operations, Marathon, Ontario
- Open to Canadian Residents
- 14 shifts-on / 14 shifts-off (days and nights)
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. is part of the Perenti Group, Australia's second largest integrated mining services provider.
New to Canada, Barminco is already a global leader in hard rock underground mining. Together with African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) we have been operating for over 30 years in Australia and across Africa. New projects will see Barminco and AUMS grow to over 4,500 employees.
We provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects all over the world. At Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd., we are committed to fostering a culture that understands and values inclusion and diversity.
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. has an exciting opportunity for Jumbo Operators to join our team underground at the Hemlo Operations near Marathon, Ontario.
This position works 14-days on / 14-days off
Shifts are days and nights.
It is a "drive in/drive out" position with Travel and Accommodations if you reside outside the region.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for their safety and the safety of their co-workers while operating a single or multi-boom jumbo to drill/blast a designed pattern.
More specifically, our Jumbo Operators will:
- Follow plans to determine location, spacing, depth and angle of holes
- Assess ground conditions at the work area, sounding, scaling and washing-down face
- Assist with other aspects of the operation such as mine services, long hole drill, loading/mucking, when required
- Work as part of a team with engineers, geologists, surveyors, operations
- Be mechanically inclined and able to perform routine inspections/maintenance on equipment
- Be open to learning new methods and be willing to share their skills and knowledge with co-workers
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalency
- Demonstrated commitment to working safely while ensuring the safety of others
- Minimum 5 years' experience in underground hard rock mining
- Minimum 3 years' experience operating Jumbos
- Underground Hard Rock Mining Common Core
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written
- Be flexible and willing to assist with a variety of tasks as required
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
What we offer:
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. can offer you a role where you will be challenged and valued for your skills and experience. You will also have the opportunity to develop and grow your career.
We offer a competitive salary, health and medical benefits, [insert for dido/fifo roles: travel allowance, meals and camp accommodations in Marathon Ontario, which is located on the north shore of Lake Superior.]
NOTE: Selected candidates will have to successfully complete a pre-employment Fit for Duty medical which includes alcohol and drug screening.
How to Apply: Start your application by clicking on the 'Apply' button below.
Please include copies of your Ontario Underground Common Core Modular Training Transcript and all other certifications you may have that is relevant to the role you are applying for.
We look forward to reviewing your application, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Want to know more about Barminco, Check out our website here https://barminco.com.au/ or follow us on LinkedIn @Barminco