Goldrush Underground Instrumentation Process Control Technician
Nevada Gold Mines is looking for two Underground Instrumentation Process Control Technician to join our Barrick Nevada Cortez District Underground Maintenance Team.
Reporting to the Underground Instrumentation Supervisor, the Underground Instrumentation Process Control Technician is responsible for the following:
- Perform all instrumentation process control maintenance duties required on equipment. Equipment includes, but not limited to all PLC, RSLogix 5000 and 500, wireless network, AB stratix 8000 and Cisco switches, batch plant, metal removing plant, and solid liquid separation plant.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Able to read RSLogix ladder logic and function block required
- Experience troubleshooting PLC software and hardware required
- Able to connect to, download, and upload RSLogix 5000 and 500 programs required
- Experience with RSLogix 5000 and RSLogix 500 required
- Experience creating PLC programs in RSLogix 5000 and 500 platforms required
- Experience with Modicon PLCspreferred
- Experience with PanelView softwarepreferred
- Experience with PIpreferred
- Experience installing, troubleshooting and maintaining instrumentspreferred
- Proven safe work record required
- Willingness to work in a team based maintenance organization required
- Strong dedication to safety and courageous leadership required
- Demonstrated knowledge of Oracle/EAMpreferred
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Nevada Gold Mine locations
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
About Nevada Gold Mines
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick .
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.