Leading Hand Fixed Plant Fitter Lady Loretta
- Leadership opportunity for an experienced surface fitter
- Full time, permanent role
- Work life balance roster.
About the Project
This is your opportunity to join the Redpath team at the world class Lady Loretta Mine, approximately 140km North-West of Mt Isa, whereby Redpath are responsible for all facets of the mining operation. The Lady Loretta Operation has been set up using industry leading technology, and Redpath have continued these standards with mobilisation of new equipment with an emphasis on technology to support safe and efficient production outcomes.
The role involves
- take directions from the Mechanical Superintendent or Supervisor, and if that person is absent, be able to direct the crew independently;
- manage and allocate correct resource to scheduled and planned maintenance;
- providing preventative & breakdown to a fleet of over 20 pieces of equipment including Sandvik- Cablebolts, Jumbo's, Boggers (with AutoMine), Jacon Combo Rigs, Normet Charge Up, Epiroc Trucks, Volvo IT's, & Landcrusiers
- assist fitters with the mechanical, hydraulic diagnosis and repair of faults when required;
- investigate ICAM incidents as required;
- receipt goods on delivery dockets as required;
- stocktake BOC rent container holdings monthly;
- liaise with Supervisors and operators on daily progress;
- complete daily shift reports daily;
- complete oil, tyre and rim, rotable components, inventory free items when required;
- source part numbers daily;
- ensure tyre and rim change sheet is filled out as required;
- issue breakdown work orders to tradespersons daily;
- check completed work orders and sign daily;
- inspect work done on completed work orders daily;
- fill out and sign maintenance worksheets daily;
- Working a 2/2 roster, 12hr shifts
We are looking for
- Heavy duty diesel fitter, mechanic or fitter & turner trade qualification;
- Experience working with underground mining equipment, particularly heavy mobile equipment or fixed plant;
- Auto electrical knowledge ;
- Valid manual drivers licence ;
- National Police clearance within last 6 months advantageous ;
- Current First Aid certificate or ability to get prior to commencement;
- A work ethic and attitude in keeping with Redpath's motto Consider in done - safely.
In return you can expect
- Family friendly lifestyle roster
- Career paths through internal promotions
- Competitive hourly rate with annual leave, sick leave
- Fortnightly pay
- PPE provided
- New & modern Camp and onsite camp facilities -Ensuite rooms, Gym, Wet Mess, Free Wifi, TV with Foxtel.
- Salary Sacrifice for Superannuation and Novated car leasing
- Discounted health insurance with BUPA
- Business improvement and innovation rewards
- Reimbursement for prescription safety glasses (up to $200)
- Employee Assistance (4 sessions per annum), well-being assistance that's free for all the family
- Investment in training in OEM Accredited Trade Courses
How to Apply
As an equal opportunity employer, Redpath is sensitive to the importance of diversity in the workplace and supports this through a work environment committed to gender equality and cultural diversity. We welcome applications from candidates willing to join a collaborative team and encourage women & Indigenous people to apply.
We will be shortlisting for this position immediately, so you can apply for this great opportunity by simply clicking on the 'apply' button below or by visiting our website.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, submit your resume by clicking on Apply Now below.