Plant Controllers - Operations Centre
- Opportunity to work in a supportive and a collaborative team environment
- Attractive roster with 3 days on, 3 nights on and 6 days off (12-hour shifts)
- Opportunity to work in the central decision-making hub for Rio Tinto - Operations Centre
We are looking for Plant Controllers to manage the operations of our Pilbara fixed plant operations to ensure that safety, operational and production targets are met while working to achieve optimal performance with site personnel in a safe manner. These roles are a great opportunity for self-motivated and proactive team members with above average situational awareness who can problem solve individually and in consultation with others.
Working at our state-of-the-art Perth Operations Centre and reporting to the Supervisor Plant Controllers, you will be required to:
- Control the fixed plants across our Pilbara sites
- Direct Fixed Plant Operators to coordinate activities and increase efficiency in a safe manner according to the Operating Level Agreement
- Run the plant efficiently by monitoring plant assets and investigating machine alarms that could lead to breakdowns
- Engage with site and OC personnel to ensure relevant information is collated in a timely manner
- Be a positive and proactive team member that contributes to the efficient and effective running of the fixed plant operations
- Ensure that a detailed handover is executed after each shift to ensure operations run smoothly
To be considered, you will ideally have or be willing to obtain experience in the following:
- A Manual "C" class driver' licence (essential)
- Experience using SCADA systems (Citect/Wonder Ware)
- Exposure to wet plant equipment - Thickener Operation, Cyclones, Belt filters, Up Current Classifiers (UCC'S) & Pumps willingness to travel and work on site for a brief period to gain exposure
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills that can be used to control the sites on a day to day basis and improve current operational processes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to multi-task and process information simultaneously
Where you will be working
Based at our state-of-the-art Operations Centre in Redcliffe, we are looking for a Plant Controller to control the ore production at our fixed plant operations located in the Pilbara. This role requires a highly motivated leader who is a proactive decision maker that can work well under pressure while ensuring that safety, operational and production targets are met. The successful candidate will be capable of building strong, effective relationships working closely with site stakeholders to achieve optimal performance in safety and production.
What's on offer?
- Competitive salary packages including lifestyle allowances and bonus
- Corporate rate for medical insurance cover for employees and their immediate family
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options rental, mortgage, superannuation, vehicle
- Employee discounts banking, accommodation, motoring, retail and more
- Rio Tinto employee share programme
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Job satisfaction, where you will be a valued member of the team
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical or leadership career path
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
Our long history is filled with firsts. We've developed some of the world's largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You'll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home. We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It's a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it's this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It's a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it's this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto Australia, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.
Applications for these roles will close on the 27/01/2021, however we do reserve the right to close the roles earlier.
All progress begins with pioneers at Rio Tinto it begins with you.