Mechanical Maintainers Tom Price (residential)
- Join a dynamic maintenance team with supportive leadership
- Residential role in a beautiful town located near Karijini National Park - Tom Price
- Family friendly residential roster 6:6 (days only or shift roster depending on the team)
We are seeking Expressions Of Interest from Mechanical Maintainers to join our Tom Price Maintenance team for any upcoming opportunities. You will be responsible for maintaining infrastructure through repairing and overhauling fixed plant equipment in the fixed plant or shutdown team. These residential roles are a great opportunity for highly motivated individuals with excellent mechanical expertise to make a difference.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be required to:
- Complete preventative, corrective or shutdown maintenance for all equipment in the fixed plant area including gyratory and cone crushers, apron feeders, vibrating grizzly screens, dust ventilation and extraction systems
- Conduct routine inspections of fixed plant assets and determine repair action when required
- Maintain a high level of safety awareness and comply with all RTIO Company Policies and procedures
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement projects increasing safety whilst reducing risk and cost
- Utilise SAP to ensure that maintenance tasks are recorded, assigned correctly and completed to the relevant standard / specification
- Work cooperatively in a small team or individually while demonstrating flexibility and adaptation to business requirements
The right candidate will ideally possess the following:
- A Mechanical Engineering trade certificate (essential)
- A manual C-class Australian Drivers Licence (essential)
- Exposure to rebuilding and overhauling materials handling components including minerals processing
- A basic understanding of SAP maintenance systems or similar
Where you will be working
Located in the central Pilbara, Tom price is a family-friendly and modern fully-serviced town designed to complement the regions natural environment. It's known as one of the most attractive towns in the Pilbara with a supermarket, primary and secondary schools, hospital and high standard of recreation and child care facilities. Regular in-town events and activities include the popular Mount Nameless Festival, drive-in cinemas, local fairs and team sport competitions; in addition to being home to one of the largest open cut mines in the world. It offers an ideal base to explore the natural wonders of the Karijini and Millstream Chichester National Parks or travel to beautiful coastal towns over a long weekend. For more information on Tom Price, please visit: https://www.ashburton.wa.gov.au/community/tom-price/
What's on offer?
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- Full domestic relocation assistance provided
- Company housing provided in all residential towns
- Subsidised living expenses including rent and utilities
- Two flights to Perth per annum for you and your dependents
- Assistance with boarding costs for students in primary, secondary or post-secondary education
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options that includes residential housing, airport parking, cars and superannuation
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Leave for all of life's reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life. Our long history is filled with firsts. We've developed some of the world's largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It's a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it's this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly In and Fly Out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. You may also be required to complete on-line assessments as part of the selection process. So if you are looking for a new challenge, great location and an exceptional team of technical experts, apply now. If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn
All progress begins with pioneers at Rio Tinto it begins with you.