Electrical Maintainer Lake MacLeod (residential)
- Be a part of our culturally diverse teams on site
- Residential role in sunny Carnarvon surrounded by iconic natural attractions
- Get ahead financially with a fully funded relocation and a subsidised housing allowance
About the role
We are seeking an Electrical Maintainer who is interested in joining our Dampier Salt Operations at Lake MacLeod - Carnarvon. The purpose of the role will be to perform electrical breakdown, inspections and planned maintenance on a variety of fixed plant equipment, focusing on safe and reliable asset operation. The roster will be 3 days on, 3 nights on, 6 days off.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the role will require you to:
- Maintain electrical infrastructure as per the weekly schedule
- Actively support the maintenance strategy and provide technical advice towards improvements aligned with this direction
- Identify and recommend fixed plant improvements to reduce cost and down time
- Maintain statutory electrical inspections and records as required by MSIR
- Complete fault finding and repairs of electrical systems and equipment
- Complete isolations and inspections to identify faults and raise quality notifications in SAP
- Complete quality handovers with oncoming crews and other maintenance teams including contractors as well as assisting different teams as required
- Ensure all electrical work activity is carried out in accordance with site safety standards and procedures
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- An Electrical trade certification and WA A-grade Electrical License
- A Manual C-class Australian Drivers Licence
- A current Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC) or the willingness to obtain one
- A HV Operator ticket (desired)
- Port maintenance experience
- Competency with the use of SAP, Raising Quality Notifications and PLC systems
- A passion for safe execution of work
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks
- The desire to relocate and reside in Carnarvon
Where you will be working
Dampier Salt has three operations located at Dampier, Port Hedland and Lake MacLeod and is headquartered in Perth, Western Australia. Salt is produced through a sustainable process of solar evaporation of sea water; we reliably deliver high quality salt essential for making thousands of products used in everyday life. This is a great opportunity for you and your family to contribute to a unique community and enjoy a wide range of seasonal outdoor activities; allowing you to find the perfect balance between leisure and work.
What's on offer?
Be recognised for your contribution, you're thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you've helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life's reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint - and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life. Our long history is filled with firsts. We've developed some of the world's largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It's a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it's this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. You may also be required to complete on-line assessments as part of the selection process. So, if you are looking for a new challenge, great location and an exceptional team of technical experts, apply now. If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn
Applications for this role will close on 08/07/2022, however we do reserve the right to close the role earlier.
All progress begins with pioneers - at Rio Tinto it begins with you.