Mine Reliability Engineer
- Become a valuable addition to Centerra's Mount Milligan Mine operations team
- Boost your career by joining an established organization
- Receive a competitive hourly wage of $87,500 to $149,000 plus benefits
About Centerra Gold
Headquartered in Toronto, Centerra Gold (TSX: CG) is one of the leading North American gold and copper producers engaged in the operation, exploration, development, and acquisition in Asia, North America, and other markets worldwide.
Centerra's vision is to build a team-based culture of excellence that responsibly delivers sustainable value and growth. We are committed to the safety, integrity, ethics, and fairness of our operations, promoting the highest standards of ethical business conduct of our employees, officers, and directors.
For more information, please see our website .
About Mount Milligan Mine
Located approximately 155 kilometres northwest of Prince George in central BC, the Mount Milligan Mine is a conventional truck-shovel open-pit copper and gold mine and concentrator with a 60,000 tpd capacity copper flotation processing plant.
Mount Milligan operates with comfortable camp accommodations equipped with private washrooms, TV, Wi-Fi, an onsite gym, and other recreational activities. Bus transportation to and from site is provided free of charge from several locations within the region.
Mount Milligan promotes a drug and alcohol-free workplace and has adopted a zero-tolerance policy with respect to alcohol or unauthorized drugs on site.
About the Opportunity
We have an opportunity for a Mine Reliability Engineer (RE) to join our Mount Milligan Mine operations site.
This is a camp-based position, with a rotation of 7 days on / 7 days off, with a 12-hour daily schedule.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the RE will be working with mine operations and maintenance teams to enhance the availability and effectiveness of mine equipment assets. You will provide technical support in the form of Data Analysis, Failure Analysis, and Root Cause Investigation and are responsible for the following:
- Facilitating/leading root cause failure analysis for major component failures on key open pit equipment
- Maintaining and validating downtime reporting databases and KPI's
- Driving the predictive and preventative maintenance process, including data translation and analysis (including report generation)
- Identifying, evaluating, and scoping reliability improvement opportunities
- Ensuring the sustainability of the Condition Monitoring techniques that are currently used and any to be implemented
- Leading/working within cross-functional teams including engineering, maintenance, and operations to support continuous improvement initiatives
- Leading Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Leading the use of improvement processes to improve the performance of assets
- Coaching and training condition monitoring and lubrication technicians
- Ensuring efficient and reliable operation of mine equipment while protecting and prolonging the economic life of all assets
- Contributing to the overall efficiency of the maintenance department by performing other technical functions as assigned by the supervisor
To qualify, you must have at least 3 of years practical reliability engineering experience in a mining or related maintenance field. Although not a requirement, formal technical background in Mechanical/Electrical trade or Bachelor qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, will be preferred.
The following skills and experience will be critical to successfully performing this role:
- Vibration analysis, oil analysis, thermography, and NDT
- Application of RCM principles
- Exposure to project coordination and ability to make sound project decisions
- Computer proficiency in software products, including Microsoft Projects (GANTT Chart), SIS, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Background in CMMS (asset)
- Mechanical qualification in Maintenance Planning/Asset Management, (asset)
- Qualification as a Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional, (asset)
Lastly, you will join us with a highly collaborative mindset, fostered by integrity, focus, and incredible work ethic. Your excellent written and verbal skills will be essential to your success as a solutions-focused member of the team.
About the Benefits
As a valued member of Centerra's Mount Milligan Mine operations team, you can look forward to a competitive annual salary of $87,500 to $149,000 based on experience, skills, and qualifications. You'll also gain access to some incredible benefits, including:
- Tax-free travel allowance commensurate with the distance required for travel
- Extended group health, dental, vision, and travel insurance
- Life Insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D
- Company-sponsored pension with Company match
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Healthcare Spending Account / Lifestyle Wellness Spending Account
- Reimbursements on work gear and equipment
- Annual Incentive Bonus
- Long-term incentive plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan with Company match
- Parental leave top-up program
- Professional development within the organization
- Join a company committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
This is your chance to be part of an established, industry-leading global organization with incredible room for career growth and personal development.
If you have the skills necessary to bring success to the role, then we invite you to apply today!