Pit Dewatering Technician
- Become a valuable addition to Centerra's Mount Milligan Mine operations team
- Boost your career by joining an established organization
- Receive a competitive hourly wage of $38.12 to $40.58 plus benefits
About Centerra Gold
Headquartered in Toronto, Centerra Gold (TSX: CG) is one of the leading North American gold and copper producers engaged in the operation, exploration, development, and acquisition in Asia, North America, and other markets worldwide.
Centerra's vision is to build a team-based culture of excellence that responsibly delivers sustainable value and growth. We are committed to the safety, integrity, ethics, and fairness of our operations, promoting the highest standards of ethical business conduct of our employees, officers, and directors.
For more information, please see our website .
About Mount Milligan Mine
Located approximately 155 kilometres northwest of Prince George in central BC, the Mount Milligan Mine is a conventional truck-shovel open-pit copper and gold mine and concentrator with a 60,000 tpd capacity copper flotation processing plant.
Mount Milligan operates with comfortable camp accommodations equipped with private washrooms, TV, Wi-Fi, an onsite gym, and other recreational activities. Bus transportation to and from site is provided free of charge from several locations within the region.
Mount Milligan promotes a drug and alcohol-free workplace and has adopted a zero-tolerance policy with respect to alcohol or unauthorized drugs on site.
About the Opportunity
We have an opportunity for a Pit Dewatering Technician to join our Mount Milligan Mine operations site.
This is a camp-based position, with a rotation of 7 days on / 7 days off, with a 12-hour daily schedule.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining the operational integrity of all dewatering infrastructure
- Assisting with moving pipelines, setting up pumps, refueling, etc.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work area
- Helping with the fusing and splicing of pipes
- Actively participating in setting policies and procedures
- Actively participating in continuous improvement initiatives, and in training and development
To qualify, you must have at least 4 or more years of operating experience in mining, with a dewatering/pumping background.
The following skills and experience will be critical to successfully performing this role:
- Attention and compliance with established safety rules and guidelines
- Experience in tailings pipeline operation and installation, including HDPE fusing
- Experience with 4 to 42-inch HDPE lines would be an asset
- Experience in the installation of well pumps
- Experience in operation of equipment including dozer, loader, and excavator
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Comfortable working in a team environment, with a w illingness to mentor and train others
- A record of excellent attendance
Lastly, you will join us with a highly collaborative mindset, fostered by integrity, focus, and incredible work ethic. Your excellent written and verbal skills will be essential to your success as a solutions-focused member of the team.
About the Benefits
As a valued member of Centerra's Mount Milligan Mine operations team, you can look forward to a competitive hourly wage of $38.12 to $40.58 to start based on experience, skills, and qualifications. You'll also gain access to some incredible benefits, including:
- Tax-free travel allowance commensurate with the distance required for travel
- Extended group health, dental, vision, and travel insurance
- Life Insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D
- Company-sponsored pension with Company match
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Healthcare Spending Account / Lifestyle Wellness Spending Account
- Reimbursements on work gear and equipment
- Annual Incentive Bonus
- Long-term incentive plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan with Company match
- Parental leave top-up program
- Professional development within the organization
- Join a company committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
This is your chance to be part of an established, industry-leading global organization with incredible room for career growth and personal development.
If you have the skills necessary to bring success to the role, then we invite you to apply today!