Senior Human Resources Generalist
- Use your human resources experience in a challenging senior role
- Boost your career by joining an established organization
- Receive a competitive annual salary of $87,500 to $149,000 plus benefits
About Centerra Gold
Headquartered in Toronto, Centerra Gold (TSX: CG) is one of the leading North American gold and copper producers engaged in the operation, exploration, development, and acquisition in Asia, North America, and other markets worldwide.
Centerra's vision is to build a team-based culture of excellence that responsibly delivers sustainable value and growth. We are committed to the safety, integrity, ethics, and fairness of our operations, promoting the highest standards of ethical business conduct of our employees, officers, and directors.
For more information, please see our website .
About the Opportunity
We have an opportunity for a full-time, Senior Human Resources Generalist to join our team. This role can follow either in-office (Toronto), fully remote, or a hybrid work model, however, the successful candidate must be legally authorized to work within Canada.
Our Senior Human Resources Generalist reports to the Senior Manager, Compensation and Benefits and is responsible for a wide range of HR functions including supporting the corporate Toronto office with day-to-day HR o perations as well as the administration of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs, as required . You are the f irst point of HR contact for employee enquiries, and must ensure appropriate follow-up and responsiveness.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing and administering all benefits programs and liaising with Benefits Advisor on review and renewals
- Overseeing full-cycle recruitment in collaboration with the third-party vendor (final interviews, background, and reference checks, and job offers)
- Processing all new hires, terminations, leaves of absence, and existing employee changes.
- Leading employee onboarding program aimed at jump-starting engagement for new employees.
- Informing employees about benefits, payroll, and other HR policies and procedures.
- Assisting with the annual budget process for the department (invoicing, expenditure, etc)
- Running and maintaining the HR shared drive and other systems (HRIS, Solium Shareworks, Intranet).
- Developing, administering, and maintaining HR communications.
- Being in charge of full cycle payroll preparation and processing for the Board of Directors (year-end processing of T4s, Form 1099s, etc)
- Managing immigration files with external providers regarding the movement of Centerra employees between sites
- Utilizing ERP system (Ellipse) to process HR invoices and run monthly Actual vs. Budgeted reports
- Representing Human Resources at Joint Health and Safety Committee meetings
To qualify, you will need 7-10 years of Human Resources Generalist experience , with a Bachelor's degree or a 3-year diploma in Human Resources Management or a related field . A CHRP or CPHR designation, or in progress, and mining industry experience are strong assets.
The following will be critical to successfully performing this role:
- Strong interpersonal skills (ability to build effective relationships)
- Detail and results-oriented
- Proactive and forward-thinking (able to see the big picture)
- Prepared to work with highly confidential information with professionalism and tact
- Able to work independently and apply critical thinking skills
- Highly organized and able to multi-task while managing priorities
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- High proficiency in SAP Success Factors HRIS and other systems; ability to learn quickly
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
About the Benefits
As a valued member of the Centerra team, you can look forward to a competitive annual salary of $87,500 to 149,000 based on experience, skills, and qualifications. You'll also gain access to some incredible benefits, including:
- Extended group health, dental, vision, and travel insurance
- Life Insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D
- Company-sponsored pension with Company match
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Healthcare Spending Account / Lifestyle Wellness Spending Account
- Annual Incentive Bonus
- Long-term incentive plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan with Company match
- Parental leave top-up program
- Professional development within the organization
- Join a company committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
This is your chance to be part of an established, industry-leading global organization with incredible room for career growth and personal development.
If you have the skills necessary to bring success to the role, then we invite you to apply today!