Superintendent, Mine Maintenance
- Become a valuable addition to Centerra's Mount Milligan Mine operations team
- Boost your career by joining an established organization
- Receive a competitive salary of $109,500 to $186,000/year, plus benefits
About Centerra Gold
Headquartered in Toronto, Centerra Gold (TSX: CG) is one of the leading North American gold and copper producers engaged in the operation, exploration, development, and acquisition in Asia, North America, and other markets worldwide.
Centerra's vision is to build a team-based culture of excellence that responsibly delivers sustainable value and growth. We are committed to the safety, integrity, ethics, and fairness of our operations, promoting the highest standards of ethical business conduct of our employees, officers, and directors.
For more information, please see our website .
About Mount Milligan Mine
Located approximately 155 kilometres northwest of Prince George in central BC, the Mount Milligan Mine is a conventional truck-shovel open-pit copper and gold mine and concentrator with a 60,000 tpd capacity copper flotation processing plant.
Mount Milligan operates with comfortable camp accommodations equipped with private washrooms, TV, Wi-Fi, an onsite gym, and other recreational activities. Bus transportation to and from site is provided free of charge from several locations within the region.
Mount Milligan promotes a drug and alcohol-free workplace and has adopted a zero-tolerance policy with respect to alcohol or unauthorized drugs on site.
About the Opportunity
We have an opportunity for a full-time Mine Maintenance Superintendent to join our Mount Milligan Mine onsite team. This is a camp-based position, with a rotation of 7 days on / 7 days off, with a 12-hour daily schedule.
The Superintendent will be responsible for all aspects of Mine Maintenance, including directing and overseeing the Maintenance Shift Supervisors, safety, administration, planning, and equipment maintenance. The role will focus on organizing the readiness of the Mine Maintenance teams including training, team development, rosters and schedules, and the development of Site Maintenance policies and procedures.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Being responsible for the day-to-day Mine Maintenance operations on Site, including the daily coordination of crew activities
- Setting priorities, and executing the safe and efficient deployment of personnel and equipment in all Maintenance activities
- Reviewing performance data, and developing and implementing changes necessary to enhance safety, improve productivity, and cost-effectiveness
- Recommending ways to measure and improve production methods, employee and equipment performance, working conditions, and the quality of the work
- Communicating planned Maintenance activities with the Mine Operations department to ensure the long-term viability of the fleet
- Maintaining compliance with Corporate, governmental, and Site environment, human resources, and safety policies, procedures, and regulations
- Looking for opportunities to improve employee safety and awareness and e nsuring that safety incidents are thoroughly investigated and notification procedures and protocols are followed
- Identifying, encouraging, and managing training requirements/opportunities for the employees and direct reports
- Providing direction for employees to grow and develop while motivating them to reach their maximum potential
- Assisting in resolving disputes, mitigating concerns, and other employee issues in a timely manner; or escalating issues to senior levels
To qualify for the Superintendent role, you must have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Supervisor in mine maintenance or a related industry, along with an inter-provincial trade qualification.
The following will be critical to successfully performing this role:
- Experience with the mobile fleet consisting mostly of CAT equipment (7495HC shovels, 793F haul trucks, drills, dozers, loaders, and support equipment)
- Demonstrated commitment to safety
- Strong leadership skills
- Computer aptitude with working knowledge of MS Office. Experience with a CMMS is an asset
- Experience working in a culturally-diverse camp environment is a plus
Lastly, you will join us with a highly collaborative mindset, fostered by integrity, focus, and incredible work ethic. Your excellent communication skills will be essential to your success as a member of the team.
About the Benefits
As a valued member of Centerra's Mount Milligan Mine operations team, you can look forward to a competitive annual salary starting at $109,500 - $186,000 based on experience, skills, and qualifications. You'll also gain access to some incredible benefits, including:
- Tax-free travel allowance commensurate with the distance required for travel
- Extended group health, dental, vision, and travel insurance
- Life Insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D
- Company-sponsored pension with Company match
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Healthcare Spending Account / Lifestyle Wellness Spending Account
- Reimbursements on work gear and equipment
- Annual Incentive Bonus
- Long-term incentive plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan with Company match
- Parental leave top-up program
- Professional development within the organization
- Join a company committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
This is your chance to be part of an established, industry-leading global organization with incredible room for career growth and personal development.
If you have the skills necessary to bring success to the role, then we invite you to apply today!