- Become a valuable addition to Centerra's Mount Milligan Mine operations team
- Boost your career by joining an established organization
- Receive a competitive hourly wage of $33.20, plus full benefits
About Centerra Gold
Headquartered in Toronto, Centerra Gold (TSX: CG) is one of the leading North American gold and copper producers engaged in the operation, exploration, development, and acquisition in Asia, North America, and other markets worldwide.
Centerra's vision is to build a team-based culture of excellence that responsibly delivers sustainable value and growth. We are committed to the safety, integrity, ethics, and fairness of our operations, promoting the highest standards of ethical business conduct of our employees, officers, and directors.
For more information, please see our website .
About Mount Milligan Mine
Located approximately 155 kilometres northwest of Prince George in central BC, the Mount Milligan Mine is a conventional truck-shovel open-pit copper and gold mine and concentrator with a 60,000 tpd capacity copper flotation processing plant.
Mount Milligan operates with comfortable camp accommodations equipped with private washrooms, TV, Wi-Fi, an onsite gym, and other recreational activities. Bus transportation to and from site is provided free of charge from several locations within the region.
Mount Milligan promotes a drug and alcohol-free workplace and has adopted a zero-tolerance policy with respect to alcohol or unauthorized drugs on site.
About the Opportunity
We have an opportunity for an Environmental Technician to join our Mount Milligan Mine operations site.
This is a camp-based position, with a rotation of 7 days on / 7 days off, with a 12-hour daily schedule.
Reporting to the Environment Supervisor, you will assist in the safe operations of the Mount Milligan mine by performing a number of environment-focused duties. This field role is perfect for physically fit individuals who love nature, as you will be required to work outdoors for long periods, in all weather conditions.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Participating in field projects, including hydrology, groundwater, in-stream, and environmental effects monitoring
- Performing environmental inspections, and working on fish habitat compensation projects
- Assisting with data analysis, writing reports, and monitoring air quality
- Helping with surface and groundwater sampling, and performing hydrology surveys
- Operating ATV and snowmobiles as required
- Lifting and carrying heavy equipment, including large coolers of water samples, inflatable boats, generators, and ice augers
- Taking part in expeditions which include long hikes over rough terrain and/or deep snow
- Working safely and contributing to efficient Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) practices by the Mount Milligan team and all contractors
- Conducting inspections and audits of contractor environmental management system (EMS) and environmental activities (e.g. waste management)
- Interacting and communicating effectively within a multidisciplinary team consisting of environmental professionals, engineers, and contractors
- Following quality assurance and quality control requirements and procedures
To qualify for this physically demanding role, you must be physically fit and free of injuries, with the ability to carry up to 50lbs (23kg), and spend large portions of your day standing and moving outdoors in all weather conditions. A valid BC Class 5 driver's license is also essential.
The following will be helpful to successfully performing this role:
- Previous experience with environmental monitoring/sampling: stream/lake sampling, benthic/sediment, groundwater, fish/vegetation, erosion/sedimentation, etc. (asset)
- University degree or college diploma in fish and wildlife, environmental science, or another relevant field of study (asset)
- Experience mentoring or coaching less experienced Monitors or Technicians (asset)
- Adequate computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of accuracy
- Detail oriented with ability to take clear, concise, and defensible field notes
- Valid Level 1 First Aid Certificate (or willingness to undertake training)
- ATV and snowmobile operator's certificate (or willingness to undertake training)
- Pleasure craft license (or willingness to undertake training)
Lastly, you will join us with a highly collaborative mindset, fostered by integrity, focus, and incredible work ethic. Your eagerness to continuously expand your knowledge in the field will be essential to your success as a solutions-focused member of the team.
About the Benefits
As a valued member of Centerra's Mount Milligan Mine operations team, you can look forward to a competitive hourly wage of $33.20, based on experience, skills, and qualifications. You'll also gain access to some incredible benefits, including:
- Tax-free travel allowance commensurate with the distance required for travel
- Extended group health, dental, vision, and travel insurance
- Life Insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D
- Company-sponsored pension with Company match
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Healthcare Spending Account / Lifestyle Wellness Spending Account
- Reimbursements on work gear and equipment
- Annual Incentive Bonus
- Long-term incentive plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan with Company match
- Parental leave top-up program
- Professional development within the organization
- Join a company committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
This is your chance to be part of an established, industry-leading global organization with incredible room for career growth and personal development.
If you have the skills necessary to bring success to the role, then we invite you to apply today!