Geoscience Database Specialist
- Become a valuable addition to the Centerra Gold Services team
- Boost your career by joining an established organization
- Receive a competitive annual salary of $87,500 to $149,000 + bonus and benefits
About Centerra Gold
Headquartered in Toronto, Centerra Gold (TSX: CG) is one of the leading North American gold and copper producers engaged in the operation, exploration, development, and acquisition in Asia, North America, and other markets worldwide.
Centerra's vision is to build a team-based culture of excellence that responsibly delivers sustainable value and growth. We are committed to the safety, integrity, ethics, and fairness of our operations, promoting the highest standards of ethical business conduct of our employees, officers, and directors.
For more information, please see our website .
About the Opportunity
We have an opportunity for a Geoscience Database Specialist to join the Centerra Gold Services (CGS) team on a remote basis from anywhere in Canada. Frequent travel to Centerra's operations sites in the Northern BC region will be required.
Reporting to the Global Exploration Information Manager, the Geoscience Database Specialist will be responsible for the integrity, management, maintenance, and dissemination of all exploration databases in Canada. Additionally, as part of the Centerra Exploration Geoscience Information group, this position will contribute to the development and deployment of new exploration geoscience information systems and workflows for the global exploration department.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Administer exploration databases, geoscientific data management, validation, and database maintenance, and manage day-to-day database requirements for the exploration team
- Perform QA/QC on all geological and analytical data, maintain QA/QC protocols, data, workflows, and systems for all geologic and laboratory data collection to ensure validity and confidence
- Compile and validate exploration drilling and sampling datasets for integration into exploration databases
- Ensure the prompt delivery (data on demand) of exploration datasets (drilling and sampling) and report to the exploration team and other stakeholders through direct connections (ODBC/APIs), dashboards (acQuire Arena), and acQuire GIMS
- Maintain the integrity of the Canadian exploration geological databases and database management systems through continued management, review, and enhancement
- Manage associated geological data on cloud servers and SharePoint, maintain database links to various applications and analytic tools, and ensure real-time, self-service data is available
- Provide database management, software support, and/or field support when required to ensure that data is collected with integrity and exploration workflows are optimized to meet program needs
- Maintain and advance standards, procedures, and training for database applications
- Other related duties to support the Exploration Team, including occasional travel to exploration sites
To qualify, you must have a degree or technical diploma in an earth sciences field, geomatics, database systems, GIS, mineral technology, and/or related field, or a combination of training and experience. You must also have 5+ years of related experience in a similar role, with a professional background in exploration and/or mining.
The following will be critical to successfully performing this role:
- Experience in the compilation, validation, management, and dissemination of geoscience datasets (drill hole, field sampling, geochemical)
- Experience with SQL databases is required (development, implementation, management). Certification in acQuire GIMS & Arena practitioner (ACQ2000) is preferred
- Experience with GIS and exploration geoscience software packages and applications such as ArcGIS, Geosoft Target, Discover, and Leapfrog are assets
- Experience in data visualization, analytics, and reporting platforms (Power BI, ArcGIS Dashboards) an asset
- Experience in document management & SharePoint administration an asset
- Experience writing procedures and protocols for database management
- Experience in designing and delivering training is an asset
Lastly, you will join us as a self-starter with a positive, solution-oriented, and customer-focused mindset, and the commitment to work collaboratively with a team.
About the Benefits
As a valued member of our corporate team, you can look forward to a competitive annual salary of $87,500 to $149,000 based on experience, skills, and qualifications. You'll also gain access to some incredible benefits, including:
- Tax-free travel allowance commensurate with the distance required for travel
- Extended group health, dental, vision, and travel insurance
- Life Insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D
- Company-sponsored pension with company match
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Healthcare Spending Account / Lifestyle Wellness Spending Account
- Reimbursements on work gear and equipment
- Annual Incentive Bonus
- Long-term incentive plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan with company match
- Parental leave top-up program
- Professional development within the organization
- Join a company committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
This is your chance to be part of an established, industry-leading global organization with incredible room for career growth and personal development.
If you have the skills necessary to bring success to the role, then we invite you to apply today!