Project Controls Specialist
- Become a valuable addition to Centerra's newly-acquired Goldfield District Project
- Boost your career by joining an established organization
- Receive a competitive annual salary of $77,500 to $132,000/year, plus benefits
About Centerra Gold
Headquartered in Toronto, Centerra Gold (TSX: CG) is one of the leading North American gold and copper producers engaged in the operation, exploration, development, and acquisition in Asia, North America, and other markets worldwide.
Centerra's vision is to build a team-based culture of excellence that responsibly delivers sustainable value and growth. We are committed to the safety, integrity, ethics, and fairness of our operations, promoting the highest standards of ethical business conduct of our employees, officers, and directors.
For more information, please see our website .
About the Goldfield District Project
Located on the Walker Lane trend in Esmeralda County, Nevada, about 30 miles south of Tonopah, the Goldfield District Project can be accessed via U.S. Highway 95 from Las Vegas or Reno. This newly-acquired project is an underexplored property in a prolific mining jurisdiction that provides substantial upside potential.
Goldfield is a conventional open-pit, heap leach project that contains three known deposits: Gemfield, Goldfield Main, and McMahon Ridge. These are to be developed in a two-phase approach, starting with operations in the Gemfield deposit in 2022.
Goldfield District Project promotes a drug and alcohol-free workplace and has adopted a zero-tolerance policy with respect to alcohol or unauthorized drugs on site.
About the Opportunity
We have an opportunity for a full-time Project Controls Specialist to join our team in Goldfield District Project in Goldfield, Nevada.
Frequent travel to our Goldfield operation site will be required, however this role has the flexibility to be fully remote (at least 50% travel), or follow a hybrid work model, ideally in a geographic region where Centerra Gold has a presence:
- Reno, NV
- Toronto, ON
- Vancouver, BC
- Prince George, BC
This role will appeal to a collaborative and motivated individual who wants to play a substantive role in taking Centerra Gold through our next phase of growth.
Reporting to the Projects Director - Gemfield, the Project Controls Specialist will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing project controls procedures for cost control, budget monitoring, change control, contract administration, and project reporting.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing capital program controls procedures to ensure the project meets cost and budget management requirements
- Establishing the reporting criteria, content, and format for monthly project status reports, cost variance and budget updates, forecasts, and other documentation
- Providing reports and analysis to internal and external customers, management, and other key stakeholders
- Developing and managing the corporate Project Management Plan and the Project Execution Plans
- Overseeing internal and external project communications, and identifying, analyzing, mitigating, and communicating project risks proactively
- Providing high levels of professionalism, integrity, and leadership throughout the life of the projects within and outside Centerra
- Travelling regularly to the site as required
To qualify , you must have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in a project controls environment, with a preference of at least 6 years working in the mining industry. Additionally, you will join us with a University degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Project Controls, Business, or a related field.
Our ideal candidate will also join us with the following skills and experience:
- Proven track record of providing project controls support for engineering or construction, in international environments
- Demonstrated experience in directing internal and client teams
- Computer aptitude with working knowledge of MS Office and document creation and preparation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Experience with SAP software (asset)
Lastly, you will join us with a highly collaborative mindset, fostered by integrity, focus, and an incredible work ethic. Your excellent communication skills will be essential to your success as a member of the team.
About the Benefits
As a valued member of Centerra's Goldfield District Project operations team, you can look forward to a competitive annual salary of $77,500 - $132,000 (USD) based on experience, skills, and qualifications. You'll also gain access to some incredible benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance, STD, LTD
- Company-sponsored pension with Company match
- Healthcare Spending Account
- Reimbursements on work gear and equipment
- Annual Incentive Bonus
- Employee Share Purchase Plan with Company match
- Parental leave top-up program
- Professional development within the organization
- Join a company committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
This is your chance to be part of an established, industry-leading global organization with incredible room for career growth and personal development.
If you have the skills necessary to bring success to the role, then we invite you to apply today!