Equipment Operator, Site Services
- POSITION OVERVIEW
Reporting to the Site Services Supervisor, the Equipment Operator will be responsible for safely and efficiently operating a variety of equipment. In addition to properly operating the equipment, you will also be responsible for inspecting, providing preventative maintenance checks, and occasionally repairing equipment when required.
- Operate various pieces of large equipment (loader, excavator, grater, dozer, etc.) in accordance with company procedures and safety regulations
- Ensure proper operation of equipment by performing regular checks on their functionality
- Document regular maintenance checks to maintain adequate records of equipment performance
- Provide preventative maintenance checks to ensure equipment is safe and operating properly
- Regularly clean equipment to preserve its quality and functionality
- Perform minor repairs on equipment issues
- Report needs for larger repairs to the appropriate parties
- Commit to the overall safety of the work environment by always taking extra precautions to work with the utmost care and consideration
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience working with heavy equipment
- Possession of a commercial driver's license, or a willingness to obtain the license
- Knowledge of proper operation of heavy equipment as well as safety standards
- Ability to maintain, inspect, clean, and occasionally repair pieces of heavy equipment
- Strong work ethic and physical ability to lift 50+ pounds
- This is a full time position that follows a schedule rotation of 7 days on site and 7 days off site, 12-hour shifts
- The applicant successful for this position must pass employment medical screening
- Comfortable working in close quarters with the team and in extreme weather conditions.
- Mount Milligan promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and with cause drug testing.
Closing date: 2021-12-08
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, submit your resume by clicking on Apply Now below.